Twenty

[Present]

And then, in that moment frozen in time, there she was, Rosemary, looking back at Taylor. Taylor found herself captivated as she stared into Rosemary's eyes, feeling a rush of emotions that seemed to make her heart skip a beat, almost as if it was touching the inside of her skin. The intensity of the connection between them was undeniable, pulling Taylor in like a magnet. Standing suddenly felt like an impossible task, the sheer sparkle in Rosemary's eyes casting a spell that made it difficult to even consider moving. It was as if the world around them had faded away, leaving only the mesmerizing gaze they shared, creating a moment that felt suspended in its own magic, a moment that neither wanted to break.

Standing there on that balcony when they should have been downstairs with everyone else was in their opinion the best decision made that night. Rosemary was even starting to be happy with her decision to go to the afterparty. The moment felt so good that she forgot she was supposed to be home at a certain time.

          "I have a confession to make." Taylor blurted out, stepping forward — closer to Rosemary.

Rosemary nodded as she fought her lips between a tugged smile or a simple straight line. The tie wrapped around her neck had danced with the wind as it passed. Her face turned red from the cold air kissing her skin. She raised her hands up and she stuffed it into her pants pocket.

And as Taylor opened her mouth to speak, her eyes caught sight of the tie she had given Rosemary. She then smiled and took another step as she forgot about the cold air. She raised her hands up to the tie and she ran her fingers down the middle of the tie.

Rosemary's eyes shot down to the tie as she allowed her eyes to travel and look over the skin on Taylor's hands. She then felt a tug at her tie as she felt her body now kneeling down. And then her face wasn't cold anymore. Warmth filled her with ease.

Her eyes shot up to Taylor — Taylor's lips. They had been so close to her. She didn't know how they'd become so close all of a sudden. Taylor watched as Rosemary' blinked in almost horror. She could see the beauty of Rosemary for the first time closer than she had ever before.

          "I set this up, Rosie." Taylor muttered,

          "Set what up?" Rosemary asked,

          "This." Taylor whispered,

Taylor then pulled on Rosemary's tie and pulled her down more with her lips finally finding the soft pink skin that covered Rosemary's lips. Their lips held together like glue but it felt like standing in the gateway of heaven.

Rosemary's hands were still at her sides as Taylor pulled on the tie some more, pressing her lips into Rosemary as she used her other arm to wrap around Rosemary's shoulders. They nearly stumbled back due to Rosemary's balance, so she placed her hands just below Taylor's hips. Her eyes finally closed and she felt Taylor let go of the tie and raise her hand up to Rosemary's chin, using her thumb to pull down Rosemary's lip and allow her own bottom lip to slip into Rosemary's mouth as Rosemary bit down a bit and hummed into Taylor's mouth.

Rosemary then soon pulled away as her eyes widened. Taylor raised her hand up to Rosemary's lips and wiped the sides to get her lipstick off. She then frowned and backed away as she saw the look on Rosemary's face. Taylor then grabbed her jacket and ran from the balcony and into the room.