Sixteen

Taylor playfully leaned her body weight onto Rosemary, and a big smile spread across her face. With the makeup brush held tightly in one hand and the colorful palette in the other, Taylor couldn't contain her excitement. She gazed at Rosemary for a brief moment, her cheeks turning a rosy shade as she looked down at the mesmerizing array of shades in the palette. With a sense of anticipation, Taylor delicately ran the brush across the vibrant colors.

During those peaceful minutes, Taylor and Rosemary sat in silence. Rosemary, feeling a bit uncertain, decided to keep her eyes shut. Although she had seen some makeup videos before, she wasn't exactly familiar with the process since she wasn't really into makeup. But that didn't matter. Taylor didn't seem to have any complaints anyway.

When Taylor shifted to get a better angle of Rosemary's face and accidentally pressed herself on top of Rosemary's waistline, it definitely caught Rosemary off guard. She knew that Taylor wasn't doing it on purpose but she couldn't help but to feel a bit red at the moment — embarrassed. She allowed a soft hum and then a sigh out through her lips.

Taylor seemed to be fully immersed in the moment, humming along with the cheerful atmosphere. As she hummed, her eyes squinted in concentration, and she leaned back up, tilting her head to get a better view. With a small gesture, Taylor closed the makeup palette and gently pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.

          "Are you okay, Rosie?" Taylor asked, setting down the brush. "I didn't know the brushes hurt that bad. I could go see if I have a better one-"

          "They don't hurt. You're just kind of pressing into my hip bones." Rosemary said, sitting up with the help of her elbows.

Taylor's eyes widened before she sent Rosemary an apologetic smile. She then carefully placed one of her hands down, flat against Rosemary's lower stomach and she pushed her body weight down — making it so that she wasn't putting no more weight on Rosemary's waist but instead a bit lower.

Rosemary looked down at Taylor's hand placement before she closed her eyes momentarily. When they flickered back open, Taylor seemed to be heading to open her lip stick. Rosemary didn't expect that though. She expected Taylor to be staring at her or for Taylor to be lost in thought.

It wasn't like Rosemary was trying to make her own body rush or trying to make her own heart go weak like thread but Taylor's actions were like a needle. Sharp. Like the sharp breath that slipped through Rosemary's lips because of it. Rosemary wanted nothing more than to lay there like a normal person and try to enjoy the girlhood of makeup — but not like this.

Not with Taylor Quinn's stupid pumpkin and cinnamon scent filling her nose. Or with Taylor's stupid smiles that's constantly being sent to her no matter what Rosemary did. She couldn't enjoy lay there with Taylor Quinn right on top of her. Sitting right below her waist — Rosemary might not have been insane before but she was just about getting there. Especially in that position.

          "I'll use the red one as a safe call. Not everyone likes pink. And this dark red is your color." Taylor said leaning down and applying the lip stick around Rosemary's mouth.

Rosemary just stared. Not looking at the lip stick, or the ceiling or the far distance wall behind Taylor or even at the details of the room. She looked at Taylor. At the color of her eyes and examined Taylor's eye shape. At the easily sketched details that came together to create such a — person.

For a moment there, Rosemary had forgotten where she was. Who she was. Things seemed to had been put together in that moment. Like a missing art piece to her gallery. Rosemary squinted her eyes and she smiled, causing Taylor to mess up a bit on Rosemary's lips.

          "Moving around isn't going to get this job done faster." Taylor said, raising her thumb up to Rosemary and wiping the smudges of lipstick. "Are you going to sit still or do I have to hold you down?"