Two

Rosemary greeted the morning with her usual enthusiasm, already prepared for the day ahead. She donned her navy blue uniform pants, paired with a crisp white button-up shirt. To add a touch of her personal style, she wore a carefully crafted blue tie, slightly loosened to reflect her laid-back nature. Along with her black sweater that covered most of the shirt.

Rosemary's fingers adorned three sets of rings, each one adding a unique flair to her ensemble. As she got ready, she spritzed on her favorite Lost Cherry perfume, a scent reserved for special occasions. The unexpected choice puzzled her, but a sense of anticipation lingered in the air, making the morning feel full of promise.

With her outfit complete, Rosemary descended the stairs, her anticipation growing. As soon as she reached the bottom, the familiar voices of her family filled the air, bringing a wide smile to her face. Eagerly, she entered the kitchen and spotted her brother seated at the table, enjoying a bowl of cereal. Her father, dressed in his work suit, joined them, but instead of cereal, he cradled a mug in his hand.

As Rosemary entered the kitchen, she made a beeline for the fruit basket, grabbing an orange and a banana. With a mischievous grin, she knew that Jenson had a soft spot for oranges, and she planned to save it for him when he arrived to pick her up that morning.

          "Well, aren't you a handsome, Lad." Her brother spoke up, obviously joking.

With a glare directed at her brother, Rosemary stormed over to the coat rack and snatched her jacket. Just as she was about to put it on, her mother descended the stairs, adorned in a vibrant yellow dress, embellished with pearls.

Rosemary wrinkled her nose in disapproval, remembering that her mother had only worn that dress on special occasions, like when Rosemary's grandparents came to visit. The realization weighed heavily on her, and a sense of disappointment washed over her.

          "You look...tired, Mom," Rosemary said,

          "I look astonishing." Her mother said,

Rolling her eyes, Rosemary made her way back into the kitchen. She rushed over to her father and planted a quick kiss on his cheek, showing her affection. Then, with a mischievous grin, she playfully nudged her brother on the head, causing him to turn around and squint his eyes at her in mock annoyance.

          "You two stop it." Their mother said, turning to Rosemary "And you, what's with the tie?"

          Rosemary looked down at her tie and she frowned, "I like the tie."

Her father then looked over at Rosemary and he smiled too. He then got up, taking a sip of his coffee before walking over to Rosemary and fixing her tie. Rosemary squinted her eyes as she allowed a groan to leave her mouth.

Once her father was done with the tie, Rosemary quickly readjusted it and her mother raised her eyebrow before turning around to make her a cup of coffee.

           "I don't like the tie. But if you're going to wear the damn thing — leave it how your father had it. You looked so much prettier. It's more girly for you, Rosie." Her mother said,

With the music blasting at a thousand, Rosemary immediately knew who it was the moment she heard the familiar tunes. Excitement bubbled inside her, and she swiftly dashed around the counter, planting a quick peck on her mother's cheek as a token of affection. Determined not to be held back, she turned back around and rushed towards the door, not giving her mother another chance to say anything else.

Once she settled into the car, Rosemary felt her racing heart finally calm down. It was a sensitive topic to both her and her mother's hearts - discussing outfits, mannerisms, and how she carried herself. While the rest of the family seemed indifferent to such matters, Rosemary found solace in not being the center of attention.