Chapter 17. Change of heart

New Year's Eve was coming up. Scorpius and y/n both had no desire to go back to the potters or weasleys to celebrate. Y/N was outside and sat quietly among the trees on one thick branch. She was reading a book from the Malfoy Libary. It was a welcome distraction for her after what happend.

Suddenly her concentration was broken when Scorpius, came next to her and took her book away. With a laugh, she tried to snatch it back. However, her attempt ended in an unexpected fall, causing her to fall on top of Scorpius. Their lips touched briefly. A moment of surprise followed as Scorpius put his hand on the back of her head and pressed his lips against hers again. Confused and overwhelmed by the sudden intimacy, Y/N resisted slightly, but soon closed her eyes and allowed herself to be carried away by the emotions of the moment.

Scorpius stoped and slightly pushed her away. With a blush on his face, sighed and acknowledged the error of their actions. He reminded her that he was in a relationship with Rose. But despite his words, Y/N pulled Scorpius towards him for another kiss, enjoying the moment of connection together. As they released each other and caught their breath. Now they were both lying on the ground as it began to snow. Was this really what being in love felt like?

There was no awkwardness between them. Scorpius stroked her hair and held her against him. "It's starting to get a bit cold.. hehe." he laughed. What did she do? She hardly really knew him and yet they seemed to have forged an inexplicable bond with each other.

Scorpius got up with a serious voice. "Let's go somewhere. Just you and me." Y/N nodded as she tried to hide her blush and embarrassment. He kissed her on her cheeks and left so that they could gather their stuff.

'Pff, what am I doing?' she muttered to herself, struggling with the confusing mix of feelings flooding her heart. Scorpius started to invited Y/N for a lunch. Y/n gladly agreed. She genuinely enjoyed Scorpius's attention. It just felt different, nice and appreciated. Not at all heavy-handed and uncomfortable like with Albus. She realized that Rose was still his girlfriend, but she couldn't help wondering if she could be his instead. After lunch they found themself getting into a karaokebar. They had alot of fun and even sang a song together.

The next day he took her to a little park nearby. The ice on the lake was frozen. They saw a few people skating on the lake, so they decided to do the same. Scorpius took the lead and helped y/n. They were both quite clumsy so they held each other well. It felt magical and they were really having fun together. As they bumped against each other it seemed like they forgotten everyone and everything in the moment. They both started to smile and blush when they looked into each other eyes. Scorpius hold her and started to kiss her. Y/n accepted it and wrapped her arms around him leaning in to the kiss.
They stoped when the ice started to a crack bit and laughed.

After the skating, they found a bench to sit on. Scorpius asked y/n to close her eyes. Scorpius slide her hair aside and fastened something around her neck. Y/n was surprised "What's this?" Scorpius wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on her shoulder. "It's for you. I wanted you to have it for Chrismas, but i didn't know if it was okay or too much. Since i was just a friend." he whispered, then kissed her on the back of her neck. Y/N felt confused, but flattered at the same time. It felt like they really were in a relationship, knowing that Rose and Albus might not approve. "Do you like it?" he asked her. Y/N nodded and together they kissed, her heart racing wildly. As she startes to bite her lip she pops the question. "What now?" She asked with a hint of discomfort in her voice. Scorpius looked at her in pain. "Either we start seeing each other and tell the others, or .... " he said softly. Y/N felt uneasy. She did like Albus, but just as a friend. And Rose had already warned her what would happen if she found out.

"We could also keep it a secret for now." Scorpius explained. "How will i know that you're serious about us?" she asked curiously. Scorpius put her hand on his chest. "Because i really like you. I don't care what the others will think. Even if it means that i will get myself killed by you know who." he whispered, they laughed and after that they kissed each other passionately. So they choose to keep it a secret for now. Keeping peace between their friends was more important. It sounded so beautiful and exciting, but Y/N keept wondering if this was really such a good idea....

--- POV Albus ---
Albus sat at his desk, surrounded by a sea of thoughts that raced through his head like wild waves. He wanted to tell y/n how he felt about her. But at the same time, he felt trapped by his own doubts and fears. Christmas seemed like an eternity ago, but Scorpius's words kept echoing his mind. These words cut through Albus's heart. The idea that someone els looked at Y/N in the same way he did, made him filled with jealousy.

But yet there was also the painful memory of Delphini, the girl he had been briefly in love with. She had broken his heart by lying to him and hiding her true intentions. Delphini had used him to carry out her dark plans, to bring her father, Voldemort, back to life. The thought of Delphini and her deceit made Albus's stomach turn. He was not ready for a relationship. He couldn't open his heart for another possible heartbreak. These thoughts grabbed him by the throat as he began to write her a letter.

--- New years eve.. ---
Scorpius Malfoy and y/n strolled through the bustling streets of London, the crisp winter air tingling their cheeks as they made their way to witness the grand spectacle of New Year's Eve fireworks. Y/n's laughter danced in harmony with the joyous chatter of the crowd, while Scorpius couldn't help but admire the way her eyes sparkled in the colorful glow of the city lights.

As the clock struck midnight, bursts of vibrant fireworks illuminated the sky, painting it with breathtaking patterns of light. Y/n's hand found its way into Scorpius's, fingers intertwining as they shared a moment of pure enchantment under the canopy of bursting colors.

After the last firework faded into the night, they made their way back to Malfoys Manor. The warmth of the fireplace greeted them as they stepped inside, casting a soft glow over the room.

Their laughter filled the air as they reminisced about their favorite moments of the evening, reliving the magic of the fireworks display. But as they exchanged playful banter, their gazes lingered, and a sudden hush fell between them, charged with unspoken desire.

In that moment, Scorpius reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from y/n's face, his touch sending shivers down her spine. Their eyes locked, the intensity of their connection palpable, as they leaned in, their lips meeting in a tender kiss that ignited a passionate flame between them. The kiss deepened, their hearts racing in sync with the rhythm. The air crackled with anticipation as they embraced, their bodies pressed together in a fervent embrace that spoke volumes without the need for words.

In the soft glow of the firelight, they surrendered to the passion that enveloped them, their kisses growing more fervent with each passing moment. But then the got caught by a house elf and stopped. They laught and went to bed. Scorpius had to cool down underneath a cold shower. He was really trying to hold himself together.

As the gentleman he was he let Y/n sleep in the bed and took the couch.
He got a bit scared that he would do things to her without even thinking straight. He was ready to end his relationship with Rose when they got back at Hogwarts. If only Albus knew what had happend these 2 weeks... If Rose wouldn't kill him, Albus sure would.