Chapter 16. A hidden secret from the past...

When Scorpius and y/n got back, the tears came running from her cheeks. Why was Albus acting so cold and distant? It hurt her a little. She felt like she was a mine, trapted in a game.

As Y/N sobbed, Scorpius went to the kitchen, where he prepaired a pan on the stove. Y/n was surprised when she saw Scorpius busy making the popcorn. Scorpius laughed. "Oh you've caught me. This is one of my many talents for when someone acts like a jerk." Y/N couldn't suppress a small smile and wiped away the tears. "Even if it's your best friend?" she asked. Scorpius winked "Yes... you go upstairs to freshen up." He winks. "And maybe we'll watch a boring Christmas movie together. If feel like it." Y/N agreed and felt surprisingly relieved.

When y/n walked away to clean her self up. Scorpius felt the urgue to follow her. But instead of doing it he supressing his feeling. He liked her very much and secretly hoped that she would feel the same. He found himself on thin ice. So he tried to hide it, since Albus had the same feelings for her but didn't know to show them.

Eventually Scorpius and Y/N both fell asleep in each others arms, while the television played softly on the background. Draco came home and saw the two lying together on the sofa. He could not suppress a smile at the sight of this scene. "Better than a Weasel." he muttered with a slight grin as he observed his son and Y/N.

As Draco walked towards the corridor where the old pictures hung, a memory played through Draco's mind. He wondered if Y/N still had the scar on her ankle. Curiosity piqued him and he returned to the living room where Scorpius and Y/N were still asleep. His presence, however, roused Scorpius from his slumber.

Scorpius stretched and greeted his father, giving an explanation for their unintentional nap on the sofa. Draco could not suppress a grin upon hearing Scorpius's explanation and nodded approvingly.

With Y/N still sleeping against him, Scorpius could not help but to stare at her. He felt a warmth in his chest as he wrapped his arms around her and breathed in her scent. His thoughts wandered to his doubts and feelings for Rose and the unique connection he had with Y/N. He wanted to stay like this for ever, since this was sincere. They stayed together on the sofa until the next morning.

When Y/N woke up, Scorpius was already running outside. Draco kindly offered her a cup of coffee and greeted her with a smile. He shared a theory with her, but before he did, he had one question for her. "Where did you get that scar on your ankle?" asked Draco, his voice serious but curious.Y/N looked at him in surprise. "I don't really remember, why?" Draco took her to his study and invited her to sit down. He told her about a girl who had helped him during a difficult period after the Battle of Hogwarts. The girl seemed alot like Y/N. She too had a scar on her ankle. Y/n looked confused. "So what are you sugesting?" Draco explained how y/n reminded him of her in so many ways that it was as if they we're the same person.
The interaction, movement, interesse... Y/N felt a stab of fear and confusion upon hearing Draco's words. "Are you implying i'm her?" she asked, her voice trembling softly. "Is this a sick joke?"

Draco looked at her with a grin. "Well or atleast, Ssomething happened to you back then. And brought you back to us now. Do you remember anything els? Or did something off happend to you?" he replied mysteriously. Y/N felt a wave of memories come up as Draco held her hand.
Through it all, she fainted.

She regained consciousness in scorpius's bedroom.
Downstairs, some familiar faces gathered to discuss a mystery. Harry Ginny, Ron Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottem, Professor Sinatra and McGonagall we're all there.
Scorpius was furious and started to shout towards his dad and left. Concentrated, Y/N listened to the conversation unfold.

Neville Longbottom, always loyal to his friends, shared a serious look with Draco Malfoy, whose usual arrogance had given way to concern. Professor Sinestra, one of Hogwarts' teachers, and Headmaster Professor McGonagall, stood at the head of the table.

Ginny's voice broke the silence. "Y/N has been a part of our children's lives for a while now. She is the best friend of my daughter. And my son also took a like-ing in her. But he doesn't know how to deal with it." Her gaze turned to Draco. Draco responded to her remark with a sharp tone. "He'll have to learn that soon enough, Ginny." An exasperated frown appeared on Ginny's forehead as she considered his remark. Hermione, always astute, joined the conversation with a frown. "How can such a thing happen? And what does she know?"

Professor McGonagall sighed deeply before she began to explain. "There are rumours about Y/N's disappearance, but the details are vague. It is disturbing she almost didn't aged and doesn't remember anything of her past life. Even the Sorting Hat didn't detected anything suspicious when she was re-sorted. It was as if she deliberately erased her own past. But why, did she suddenly returned to Hogwarts?

A tense silence filled the room as everyone pondered the puzzle before them. Harry's suggestion brought a shiver down the spines of those present. The idea that Voldemort might have returned and used Y/N for dark purposes was terrifying.

Neville put forward a more practical proposal, which caused a sigh of relief in the room. He pulled out his old memory sphere and suggested giving it to Y/N instead of using magic to extract her memories from her mind, at the risk of her dying. Ginny, Hermione and Ron all agreed to Neville's suggestion, while Professor McGonagall looked at Draco with a questioning look. "I take it you agree with this too?" nodded Draco briefly, his face serious. And with that the party left Malfoy Manor.

Draco ran upstairs to call y/n. He asked if she was awake and could come downstairs later. They had something to discuss. At that moment, Scorpius came back in. He saw that everyone had left the manor. Draco shared his theory about Y/N's mysterious situation. He believed Y/N could be a student from the past who had somehow come to the present and lost all her memories. He wanted to find out how that could be, but warned that investigating it could be dangerous. To everyone's surprise, Y/N stood on the stairs and agreed without even thinking about it.

With trembling hands, Y/N grabbed the sphere.
Her heart pounding with excitement and fear. As she scrolled through her memories, she discovered something shocking: Someone had cast multiple on her and replaced her with someone from the future who died the day after. How this person travelled through time was a mystery that had not yet been solved. She didn't see everything, but she did saw a phoenix.

Y/N felt her knees buckle and fainted. Scorpius caught her just in time. "Dad! We can't just send her back to the past. Who knows what will happen!" exclaimed Scorpius, his voice drenched in concern. Draco looked sombre and irritated at the same time. Scorpius interrupted his thoughts firmly "Dad, don't forget what you said earlier. Sometimes we have to let go of the past. Let's go in search of who is messing with the timelines." Scorpius looked concerned at y/n while holding her. Draco nodded slowly, the seriousness of the situation really dawned on him now. He reported the new discoveries to the rest of the group.

Scorpius carried Y/N to his room and looked after her. He continued to sit beside her bed holding her hand, and fell asleep. He didn't want her to leave. Y/n bracelet was starting to shine bit by bit and the ruby started to crack a little.

What mystery was about to unravel...