chapter 13. Memorial day

Memorial day..

Albus, Severus, James and several teachers worked together to create a route for the silent march. As their faces were serious, others students gathers and prepared special items or ways to say their goodbye to the ones they lost.

Meanwhile, Rose, Lilly and Y/n were busy setting up an altar in the garden of hogwarts. Candles were lit and flowers were carefully arranged. Slowly, details of what had taken place between Karl and Y/n spread through the school. Understanding mixed with anger as they processed Karl's lies and discovered the truth behind his cowardly actions. Some students were angry, as this had caused the teachers to discover the party. Others were happy, as this betrayal might have saved their lives.

Rose tapped Y/n's arm and apologised, her voice soft with regret. Lilly, curious about the sudden change in mood between the two girls, asked what was going on. "Karl has been spreading lies about me because I rejected him." Y/n explained, her voice mixed with frustration and sadness.

Rose consoled her and tried to bend the subject. "Is there someone else you like?" She asked suddenly. Y/n remained silent and hesitated. How could she suddenly ask that? "I asked the same thing before. But before she could say anything, Albus had to play a rotten joke." she said, remembering the holiday. Y/n blushed at the thought of what happend underwater. Rose looked at Y/n with a telling smile. "Your look says more than enough." she said with a wink. Y/n didn't know if this was a good thing. She still just liked him as a friend. And after the kiss with Karl, she didn't really want to think about doing it again with something els. She felt violated and uneased.

--- Start of silence march. ---
A serene silence fell over Hogwarts, the air was filled with a soft glow of luminous boats bobbing across the lake. Others walked the trek along the waterfront. Everyone's faces were lit up by a mix of excitement, melancholy, mourning and sadness as they took part in the special ceremony that lay ahead.

Rose, Scorpius, Albus and y/n sat close together in one boat. The luminous lanterns filled the air with light. She herself did not know the deceased students, yet she wanted to show their support. Albus sat next to y/n, she could hear his heart pounding loudly as she looked at him uncomfortably.

Rose noticed the tension between Albus and Y/n and exchanged a meaningful glance with Scorpius. With quiet approval from Rose, Scorpius pulled out a small mouse and made it suddenly appear in front of Y/n, causing her to jump up and almost fall out.

Albus reacted instinctively, catching Y/n as the mouse disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Rose could not suppress a grin at seeing their reaction. The blush on Y/n and Albus's cheeks became obvious. As they looked at each other shyly, Albus tried to loosen his tie to cool down.

"Jeez, how prudish you two are," chuckled Rose, her voice breaking with pleasure. Albus whispered softly to Y/n, his voice filled with concern. "I don't want to force you into something you don't want." Then their eyes met. Albus was clearly crazy about her. She liked him too. But she felt nothing else. Was it fear? Uncertainty? Or ...? Only time would tell.

--- after the ceremony ---
A calm silence descended over Hogwarts for the next few weeks. There had been no recent turbulent events for some time. No disappearances, no strange incidents elsewhere in the magical world. Several wizards, including Death Eaters, had been arrested, but fortunately no one was injured.

As a precautionary measure, the remaining Quidditch matches were postponed until after the Christmas break, a decision that was greeted with a mixture of disappointment and understanding among the students.

Despite everything, the situation between Y/n and Albus remained uneasy. The crush hung in the air like a fragile promise, but Albus seemed wary, while Y/n struggled with her own doubts. She wanted to make sure that Albus liked her for who she was and not because she was placed on a cursed bucket list by Karl and Yann. These doubts kept Y/n from accepting the Potters or Weasleys invitation again.

She chose to spend the Christmas holidays elsewhere. Fortunately, Scorpius, who by now had become like a protective brother to her, offered her an invitation to spend the holiday together. With the approval of Rose, who herself was going on a trip with her family and the Potters to spot magical animals, Y/n accepted Scorpius's invitation.

The farewell on the platform at Hogwarts was awkward, but full of good intentions. Albus, Lilly, James, Hugo and Rose hugged Y/n. With a weak smile, she waved them off, her heart heavy with mixed feelings as she prepared to continue her journey. Y/n had carefully packed all her belongings into a small bag, ready for her trip to Malfoy Manor.

Scorpius was waiting for her with a grin
on his face waiting for her.
Like a true gentleman, he offered to show her the way. Together they walked to a hall where there was a fireplace. Scorpius put his arm around Y/n's waist, giving her a slight fright. "Are you ready?" he asked softly. Y/n nodded, her heart pounding with excitement and nervousness she held Scorpius tightly as he threw powder into the fire and called out the words "Malfoy Manor". The fire changed colour and they stepped through it, heading for their destination.

‐----------------------------
What do you think about this all? Should we go deeper in relationships or the mystery? And who do you find suitable for y/n? Albus, lilly, rose or someone else? Please leave it behind in a comment.