Chapter 6. Astrology

--- Astrology class began ---

Professor Aurora Sinestra introduced herself to her students, her eyes twinkling with excitement as she began her lecture on the stars. Y/N listened intently, her thoughts wandering.

She looked through the classroom and saw two students sitting in front of her, giggling as they read a magazine. Curious, Y/N leaned forward to watch along. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the headline: "The 10 Most Handsome Boys/Men at Hogwarts."

She was surprised to see familiar faces in it. Albus and Scorpius, Karl, and many more - all were mentioned.

Before she could look at it any longer, Professor Sinestra's voice broke through her thoughts and called her forward to identify the stars on the screen. Y/N's cheeks blushed with embarrassment as she realised she had been caught distracted, and she quickly ran to the front of the class.
"Sorry, professor," she muttered, her cheeks still tinged pink. "These two I know, but I don't know this one."

Professor Sinestra nodded understandingly and handed her a card with the unknown star on it. "You don't have to apologise, Y/N." she said kindly. "But I suggest you look it up in your textbook later. For now, let's concentrate on the lesson."

Y/N nodded and returned to her seat, determined to pay better attention to the lesson. And as she glanced back at the students who had read the magazine, she could not help noticing their flushed cheeks and guilty expressions as they hurriedly put the magazine away.

The professor kept giving a gentle reminder to the students to stay focused and focus on their studies.
Lilly gave Y/N a kick and she chuckled.

As they left the classroom, their giggles echoed through the corridors of Hogwarts. But it was short-lived. Suddenly, Yann Fredericks appeared. He grabbed Y/N by her shoulders and pressed her against the wall. Y/N was startled and dared not move. Who was this person and why were they so aggressive towards her

Then Karl arrived, his smile echoing against the stone walls as he patted Yann on the shoulder. "Yann, don't scare this lady off man." joked Karl, his tone nonchalant despite the tense situation. "Soon she'll translate some creepy story. Or she'll tell about visions and fuzzy voices."

Y/N's anger flared at Karl's insensitive words, her disbelief turning into betrayal when she realised he was participating in bullying. Lilly looked shocked, her expression a mixture of confusion and bewilderment.

"Oh, right... Leave that to the Potters. And what was your pet name again? Psycho Malfoy?" chuckled Karl, directing his taunts at Lilly. Y/N's heart sank when she saw Karl and Yann laughing, their mocking words cutting through her like a knife.

"What's wrong with you, Karl?" demanded Y/N, her voice trembling with pain and indignation. "I thought you were a friend, but you're acting like a dick."

Scorpius moved closer, his presence causing a slight relief. "Look, the nerdy club is almost complete. Bye, son of Voldemort..." Yann jeered, his words dripping with contempt as he and Karl left the corridors.

As Lilly rushed to Scorpius to calm him, Y/N could not shake the feeling of guilt and sadness.
Biting her lip in frustration, she went after Karl and Yann, but could not find them.

--- Dinner in the Great Hall. ---

Y/n gaze wandered nervously around the Great Hall. Karl and Yann's laughter echoed through the hall, their mocking voices cutting through the din of conversation.

Scorpius and Albus sat nearby, engrossed in their own conversation, unaware of the tension in the air.

But before Y/N could dwell on the uneasy atmosphere, Rose appeared at her side, a grin on her lips as she made her cutting remark. Y/N's irritation flared, her patience running out as she tried to keep her composure. "What's wrong with everyone?" asked Y/N, her voice tinged with frustration. "Why so hostile?"
Rose's grin widened, her eyes glinting with mischief as she leaned closer.
"Well, didn't you get Lilly in trouble before?" she taunted, her words like a knife.

Y/N rolled her eyes, her irritation increasing as Rose continued to antagonise her. "No, I didn't." she replied sharply. "Please stop." But Rose only smiled smugly before walking away, leaving Y/N feeling even more isolated and alone. She glanced at Lilly Luna Potter, hoping for some sign of support, but all she found was confusion and concern in her friend's eyes.

With a heavy heart, Y/N pushed aside her untouched food and walked out of the Great Hall, the weight of the day's events pressing on her shoulders. As she wandered through the corridors of Hogwarts, she encountered others who shared her experience of hearing mysterious voices calling for help.

In that moment, Y/N felt a glimmer of hope. She realised she was not the only one with her strange experiences.