Chapter 7. Holiday plans

As time went by.
Y/n learnt a lot about the magical world, spells, animals and more. She was a talent in battleling and even trained others in trade for extra lessons in other classes. Apart from her magical adventure, she made some beautiful friendships. These bonds grew stronger each day. Y/N confided in Lilly as her most and trusted friend.

On one a sunny day around the fall, the two girls were enjoying their lunch outside the building. As they chatted and laughed at each other, Albus walked towards them. "Hey Lilly, Rose is looking for you. She needs your help." He said with a commanding tone. Lilly looked at him in surprise "Can't it wait?"
Albus shook no. Lilly sighed and reluctantly stood up. "OK, I'll be right back." she promised y/n and poured a reassuring smile. "See you later bestie!" Responded y/n back and turned her attention back to the sun with closed eyes.

Now left alone with Albus, y/n couldn't help herself from briefly peering at Albus with one eye. Albus said nothing and just stood there a bit. Suddenly he sighed, trying to rest his shoulders as he stood with his hands in his pockets. "Can I sit next to you?" He asked. "I was wondering when you would step out of my ray of sunlight." Said Y/N teasingly. She shifted slightly to the side, giving Albus more room to sit next to her.

Albus chuckled, his eyes twinkling at the corners of his eyes "Thanks Y/N.... I'm glad you and my sister are getting along.
I know it might not be easy." Y/n squeezed her eyes shut again as she enjoyed the sunshine and said "Oh?" Albus sighed again "yes, you know.... being the daughter of the famous Harry Potter."

Y/N turned her attention to him. She looked at him, their faces meeting but narrowly. They looked into each other's eyes. 'What beautiful eyes he has... so bright green...' Y/n thought. After a few moments, she started blushing and was startled. What was she thinking!? His expression softened with genuine warmth smile. As if he knew what she was thinking.

Quickly, y/n tried to turn the conversation around. "You know... before I came to Hogwarts, I didn't know anything about the magical world." y/n admitted, her voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "That's why I'm glad I ended up on the platform by accident."
Albus frowned in surprise. "Accidentally? You weren't invited?" Y/N shook her head, with a bitter taste on her tongue. "No. Professor McGonagall said it could be because my parents were trying to prevent then this could happen. That's why I'm getting extra help."

Albus was confused. "Why would anyone stop another from going to Hogwarts?" He laughed. "Why would they....?"

Y/N shrugged, her gaze wandering off into the distance. "Scared? Or just never heard of it. Who knows, maybe they thought it was a scam?" she suggested, her voice ending in uncertainty.
"And now...?" He asked worriedly. Y/n shrugged her shoulders. Y/n shrugged her shoulders. "No idea, it wasn't like I existed for them back then." There was a awkward silence for a brief moment.

Albus's hand slowly touched y/n's. This made her look at it. He leaned forward a little more. Y/n began to feel something uncomfortable. Her heart was beating faster and faster. Just a little more and then their heads would touch again.

"So.... will you be going home during autumn holidays soon...?" He asked curiously. Y/N blinked her eyes in surprise. She hadn't really thought about it. Suddenly the idea of spending the holidays at Hogwarts came to mind. But what would she do? She would probably be the only one who would stay at hogwarts. "I... I don't know," she admitted hesitantly, her features clouded by uncertainty.

Albus chuckled and shook his head slightly with laughter. "I don't think my parents will mind if you stay with me and Lilly." he said with a grin, his tone airy.

Y/N was surprised, her heart skipping another beat at the unexpected invitation. "Uh... are... you sure? May I?" she stammered, her mind flooded with possibilities. Albus laughed at her reaction with his warm smile. "Of course! As a friend of Lilly... and mine." he reassured her. A sense of relief flooded Y/N as she realised she didn't have to spend the holidays alone. "Thank you." she said softly with gratitude clear in her voice and gave him a hug.

Before the conversation could continue, Y/N's curiosity overtook her. "Do you have a photo of your family?" she asked, her eyes shining with interest.
Albus chuckled and rummaged in his bag, pulling out a small photo.

As they exchanged stories about their families. Karl Jenkins stood behind a pillar. His vision was obscured and his fists clenched in frustration.
Why should y/n hang up with the potters. They are a bunch of freaks. The comment about y/n spending the holiday with Albus and Lilly Luna Potter seemed to get on Karl's nerves, his irritation palpable as he struggled to contain his emotions.

Rose and Lilly turned towards the pitch. Lilly saw Karl lurking in the shadows, but she made no move to acknowledge him, her attention focused only on her brother and her BFF y/n.

When Albus shared with them the plans for the holiday, Rose's smile faltered for a moment. Then she quickly put on a fake grin. 'Because what is her plan? Does she want to win everyone over? Or is she really like that?'

Despite her growing hostility towards Y/N, Rose knew better than to openly oppose Albus' decision. Instead, she forced herself to adopt a pleasant attitude and hide her true feelings behind a façade of politeness and charm.