Chapter 5. Whispers...

This is a y/n story.
Y/n = your name.

A week past since the incident between Scorpius, Albus and Roos. The atmosphere was still somewhat palpable at times as they flicked through their textbooks.

Suddenly Rose slammed her book shut, her frustration clearly visible in her face. "I can't believe they are still spreading lies in the Daily Prophet." she cried out in anger.
Scorpius looked up from his own book, his eyes narrowing in irritation.  He agreed with a sharp tone. "They have no right to drag my family's name through the dust like that." Said he with subdued frustration.
Albus, who had remained silent until now, sighed. "I just don't understand why they won't let it go. But hush now, we're not allowed to say anything from McGonagall." he muttered with his eyebrows furrowed in thought. As they continued to discuss the latest gossip, their voices got louder and louder, until they almost shouted over each other. It was clear that the topic struck a nerve with each of them.

- - - -

Y/N, who was studying nearby, looked worried and watched the argument unfold again.
Then she got up, packed her things and walked towards her classroom. Suddenly she found herself near the Forbidden Forest. Disoriented and confused. A cry of panic echoed in her ears, sending shivers down her spine as she struggled to regain her composure.
Suddenly, a voice broke through the chaos, drawing her attention away from the disorienting surroundings.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder and was back at hogwarts. "Are you OK?" asked Karl Jenkins anxiously. Karl was one of her older classmates, he was a classmate of Albus, Rose and Scorpius. He extended a helping hand.

Y/N blinked her eyes and tried to focus on Karl's face as she took his hand. "I... I think so." she replied shakily, her voice trembling with uncertainty. "I don't know what just happened. One moment I was walking, and then..."  Karl nodded understandingly, his gaze sympathetic as he looked around the corridor. "It's fine, Y/N." he reassured her, his voice soft. "Let's sit down somewhere."

Together they made their way to a nearby bench, where Y/N slumped down, her head spinning with confusion. She looked at her clothes, which were now dirty, and wondered if she was going crazy. Was this some kind of hallucination? Or had she been transported to a completely different place? Or...?

"What happened?" asked Karl, his voice filled with genuine concern as he crouched down in front of her, his eyes searching hers for answers. Y/N took a deep breath and tried to organise her thoughts as she recounted. "I don't know." she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "One moment I was walking towards the classroom and I heard someone calling my name. Before I knew it, I was outside at the Forbidden Forest and ... and I heard someone shouting for help."

Karl's facial expression darkened at the mention of the screams and the Forbidden Forest, his features creased with concern. "Are you a mudblood?" He asks. Y/n looks at him and remains silent as Karl finishes his sentence. Karl's question overwhelmed Y/N. The term 'mudblood' felt like a slap in her face, a reminder of the prejudice within the wizarding world. But before she could respond, Karl continued, suggesting they seek help from Professor Burbage or McGonagall. Y/N nodded in agreement, grateful for Karl's sobriety amid the chaos. "Yes, let's go to Professor McGonagall," she replied, her voice steady despite the lingering uneasiness. "She'll know what to do."

As they made their way through the corridors of Hogwarts, Y/N felt she was being watched.
She looked around nervously, her senses on edge as she scanned the shadows for any sign of movement. But at that moment saw only a passing raven.