Chapter 8. the forbidden forest.

---- The day of the first Quidditch match. It was between Gryffindor and Slytherin.---

Flag houses flew threw the sky. The excitement and enthusiasm from all the students was positive and lively.
The expectations where high as the teams made their way to the Quidditch pitch.

In the Gryffindor graffle, the team gathered to prepare for the match. Across them in the pitch, the Slytherin team gathered, their green and black robes billowing in the wind. Their captain led his team in a final pep talk, urging them to give their all on the pitch.

As the match began, the roar of the crowd echoed across the pitch.
Gryffindor and Slytherin took to the air in a whirlwind of broomsticks and bludgers, each determined to win. In the stands, pupils cheered and booed, their voices mingling with the sound of the wind whipping past their ears. Spectators held their breath as the Quaffle changed hands, the Chasers weaving and dodging in a dizzying display of skill and agility.

But it where the Seekers who really stole the show, their eyes focused on the golden Snitch flying through the air. As the match neared its end, Gryffindor had a small lead, but the outcome still hung in the air.

The Gryffindor seeker saw a glint of gold in the distance, the Snitch hovering just out of reach.
With an explosion of speed, the Gryffindor seeker flew towards it and held out his hand to grab it out of the air. And at that moment, the crowd erupted in cheers as Gryffindor triumphantly secured their victory. Y/N stood in the stands and cheered for both sides with equal enthusiasm, her voice mixing with the roar of the crowd as she watched the players soar through the air.

As the match drew to a close and the tension reached its peak, Y/N's attention was suddenly distracted by a faint whispering sound. At first, she dismissed it as nothing more than the wind rustling through the trees, but as the whisper became louder and more persistent, she could no longer ignore it.

Y/N began to follow the whispers, her steps becoming faster as they led her to the edge of the Forbidden Forest. But before she could continue, someone grabbed her hand and pulled her back harsly. Y/n turned around and bumped into the arms of the jerk, Karl Jenkins.

"What did the Potters do to get all your attention?" he asked with annoyance in his voice. Y/N sighed and her frustration increased. "For example, by not being a dick and gossiping about them." she replied irritably. Karl growled in response to y/n and released her hand with a frustrated gesture. "Listen.... I have a reputation to uphold against them," he muttered in bitterness.

Y/N cut him off after she heard all his excuses. "Right... you and your friends, are the bullies from school? Well what a reputation." she shot back, her voice laced with sarcasm. "Speaking of reputation, aren't you afraid of being called a freak when people see you with me?" Karl reacted frustrated at her words and clenched his jaw together. "As if I care..." he muttered under his breath, his gaze away from hers. Y/N narrowed her eyes and saw an opportunity to break through Karl's façade. "What did you say?" she asked. But Karl brushed off her question and pointed in the direction Y/N had gone. "Why do you want to do there?" He asked.

Y/N hesitated for a moment, uncertainty flickering in her eyes. "That's none of your business." she snarled. She turned away from Karl went towards the Forbidden Forest on her own.

Y/N followed the whispers. Her heart pounded with fear and anticipation as she had to venture into the unknown. The further Y/N went into the Forbidden Forest, the colder and darker it got. Her heart pounded with fear as she followed the mysterious whispers. And yet it was so beautiful at the same time. The gnarled trees cast eerie shadows that danced in the dim moonlight.

Suddenly, a piece of branch snapped off. Y/n narrowly managed to miss it and fell to the ground. Startled, she stumbled backwards, her heart racing with adrenaline as she realised how dangerous it could have being.

After a few calming breaths, her curiosity managed to rise above her fear and she slowly stood up again. She continued to follow the whispers deeper and deeper into the forest. She even lost track of the way back.

She arrived at a shimmering lake, whose surface reflected the pale light of the moonlight.
As she walked towards the lake, she noticed something strange - the water began to freeze, crawling across its surface with an unnatural speed. Before she could react, the ice came straight at her followed by a frightening shadow.

Just as Y/N braced herself for a blow, a voice echoed through the forest and reverberated with a force that seemed to banish the darkness itself. "Expecto Patronum!"
With a blinding flash of light, an ethereal otter burst from the tip of a wand, its form glowing brightly as it shot towards the lake. The Patronus raced around the perimeter of the frozen water, dispelling the encroaching shadows with its radiant presence. Relief coursed through Y/N as she watched the scene unfold. And with that everything went blurry.