Chapter 3. First weeks

PLEASE SELECT your own sorting house. This story will not choose one for you.
It's a Y/N story.

---- after the sorting ceremony-----
Professor Charity Burbage was given the task to help the new exchange students purchase all the supplies for upcoming school year. Professor Charity Burbage took on this task with enthusiasm. This group included Y/N, who had recently joined and was eager to begin her magical adventure. Professor Burbage led the students through Diagon Alley, pointing out the various shops and explaining the importance of each item on their list. Together they went through the shops looking for suitable robes, textbooks and potion ingredients and much more. Excitement rose and the new school year was palpable. Y/n didn't really buy anything because her money was no good in the magical world.

Once back, Y/n found a package in her room containing a wand and other nessesary items even a money depot. She vaguely recognised it as if she had seen it before. There was no sender on the parcel. She did not think she would need one until later and so had not spoken to Professor Burbage about sorting it out.

After a few weeks, it was finally time for the somewhat advanced classes. Everyone was anxiously awaiting Professor Slughorn's arrival. Among other things, he taught "advanced potions" lessons. His classes were notorious and famous.

The air was heavy with the smell of different ingredients and the atmosphere crackled with anticipation as the students prepared for their brewing assignment.

When Professor Slugborn announced the day's assignment, Y/N's heart raced with excitement. Today, they had to brew a complicated potion that required great attention to detail and precise measurements. The twist? Students had to work together for the task, giving Y/N a nervous feeling as she searched the room for a partner.

To her relief, she spotted Lilly Luna Potter waving at her from across the room, with a friendly smile. "Hey, shall we do this assignment together this one?" asked Lilly. She pointed to the brewing station. Y/N nodded gratefully, relieved that she had found a partner almost immediately. Together, they gathered the necessary ingredients and began their brew, having to follow Professor Slugborn's instructions diligently and precisely.  Despite her insecurities, Y/N enjoyed the task, fuelled in part by Lilly's enthusiasm and encouragement. As they worked side by side together. Y/N could not help but admire Lilly's skill and determination. And the confidence that shone through with each precise movement.

As the lesson progressed, Y/N and Lilly's potion began to take shape, the bubbling liquid taking on the desired colour, emerald green. With a satisfied smile, they presented their potion for review to Professor Slugborn, who looked at it with a critical eye.
To their delight, the professor nodded in agreement. "Well done, Miss Y/N and Miss Potter. A commendable achievement." The lesson drew to a close. Y/N was grateful for the unexpected friendship that had developed between them.
Lilly shook Y/N's hand and said "before you walk away again, my name is Lilly. But of course you already knew that... What's your name?" Y/N replied "Y/N" and shook her hand.

-----------------
Sorry for this shorter chapter. But otherwise it will seemed confusing.