Chapter 2. Welcome to Hogwarts

Y/N can be replaced by her own name.

----- The hogwarts express arrives at hogwarts. ----

Once y/n got off the train, and she felt she did not belong here. She was surrounded by students who where attending a school. They were talking about their upcoming classes, the latest gossip and things they did within the summer break.

Catching glimpses of conversations, Y/N found out exactly where she was. Hogwarts... a place full of magic and wonder, where students learned to make spells and potions and flew on broomsticks. But why was she here? She couldn't remember receiving an admission letter or applying. It was all so puzzling.

"I am now in my seventh year and I am looking forward to finally mastering Transfiguration," one girl exclaimed enthusiastically.

"I can't wait to join the Quidditch team," said another student proudly. "I've been practising for tryouts all summer."

Y/N's curiosity grew. She longed to be part of the magical world she now found herself in, but she continued to feel like an outsider. It was unusual for older children to go to Hogwarts for the first time. That was also of the many reasons why she could not help but wonder what set her apart from the others.

While the chatter seemed to embroider around her forever, Y/N took in all the information in order to unravel the mystery of her presence at Hogwarts.
Perhaps there was a reason why she was here, a purpose waiting to be discovered.

Y/N navigated with the help of the crowd to Hogwarts, her thoughts began to swirl. Lost in her thoughts, she noticed another girl welcoming her with a warm smile. "Hey, are you lost?" the girl called Rose Weasel Granger asked. Y/N's eyes slid to the "Headgirl" badge Rose wore on her cloak.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before she nodded. "Yes... well... I'm... trying to find my way." she admitted with some discomfort.  Rose started to smile. "Don't worry, I can help you. Follow me," she said kindly, as she led Y/N through the maze-like corridors with ease. As they walked, the feeling crept up on Y/N that she was an impostor.

After all, what did she know about magic? Rose glanced at her, sensing the unease behind Y/N's façade. "You seem a bit absent-minded, is everything okay?" she asked softly. Y/N forced a smile and brushed off Rose's concern. "I feel fine, just a bit overwhelmed by everything." she replied vaguely, hoping to deflect further questions.

Rose studied her for a moment, but before she could say anything else, Y/N quickly changed the subject. "Look, is that the way to the courtyard?" she asked gratefully. This gave her a chance to escape the conversation. Rose nodded and let the matter rest for now.

As they parted, Y/N wandered through the serene beauty of Hogwarts gardens, the laughter and chatter of her fellow pupils fading into the background. Lost in thought, she followed a group of new students to the Great Hall, her heart heavy with uncertainty about what awaited her.

As the students gathered in the Great Hall for the opening ceremony, the atmosphere was filled with anticipation and excitement. Headmistress Minerva McGonagall stood at the front, her eyes glistening with warmth as she welcomed each student. Her presence commanded respect and the students listened intently as she spoke about the importance of unity and camaraderie within the community.

Among the professors, one man's gaze lingered on Y/N, his expression uncomfortable and troubled. He bowed to his colleague and whispered urgently, requesting to be removed from the ceremony. His sudden departure left his fellow professors confused, but they continued with the proceedings, unwilling to disrupt the course of the event.

Meanwhile, amid the sea of students, Y/N was surprised when Albus and Scorpius playfully bumped into her, their laughter echoing through the hall.

Rose rushed over to her, her eyebrows furrowed in concern as she chided Lilly for not intervening to calm the noisy boys. Others chuckled at the scene, but their amusement soon turned to dismay as Headmistress McGonagall's stern voice cut through the air.

"SILENCE!" her tone sharp and authoritative. "Don't you have anything else to do?" Her gaze passed to the mischievous duo, her disappointment palpable as she reminded each of their responsibilities as pupils of Hogwarts.

Albus and Scorpius cast sheepish glances at each other until they were straightened out by McGonagalls. Then the room was silent again. McGonagalls softened her gaze. Then she looked at Y/N with a silent reassurance that she was welcome.

Her voice echoed through the main hall. "I am delighted to see so many enthusiastic faces. The people whose join us today, ready to embark on a journey of learning and discovery."
She paused briefly.

"This year, we are lucky to welcome a few new promising exchange students coming from different magical schools from all over the world. Let's offer them our hospitality and friendship and welcome them to our school."
"But..." McGonagall's expression turned stern as she addressed the entire room " let me be clear." she emphasised, a stern tone. "The presence of new students, or any changes whatsoever within our walls, does not give anyone license to bend the rules.
"Even in the years after the great battle, the silk thread of time remains fragile, and we must all do our part to uphold the principles of honesty, integrity and respect."

She paused again briefly to let her words sink in before continuing, "Tell I want to emphasise that Hogwarts will always be a beacon of safety and refuge for those who seek it. Let us honour that legacy by treating each other with kindness and understanding and by upholding the traditions that make Hogwarts the special place it is."

With a determined nod, McGonagall gestured to the Sorting Hat, signalling the start of the ceremony.

As the students anxiously awaited their fate, her words lingered in the air, a reminder of the responsibility each student bore for preserving the magic and sanctity of Hogwarts.