Chapter 22 Don't Get All Shy On Me Now

TW: Anxiety and language

Danny starts up our computers and starts up the games as well.

Urlocaldarling_11: gifted 5 subs

"Thank you for the subs localdarling! Appreciate it!" Danny replies.

He shows me some tricks of the keyboard, when Chat asks us to play Helldivers.
"I am so not ready for that yet." I chuckle.
"You'll be fine." Danny smiles.

We get to the game, Arny also comes online, as well as Offbeatoutlaw.

As the game starts I'm confuzed by all the options I have for it. I begin stressing out, but Danny is acting all protective to me in the game, in real life, telling me not to freak out or feel pressure for the squad. Arny and Offbeat also asssure me that I'm learning and have nothing to lose.
I'm also a little stressed about my mom seeing this live, I have no idea how she'd know, but I was still a little scared.

We have a lot of fun, get some food and drinks again and return to our game.
"You are doing so great!" Danny looks my way.
I'm focussed on the game in front of me. Danny was trying to get me disstracted.
"Thanks." I mumble.
He chuckles, he knew I was all into it.

After 2 hours we finish up and say goodbye to Chat.
He turns of the camera and shuts off everything he used for stream.
"So," he turns to me in his gamingchair, "what do you want to do?"
I rub my face, thinking of something.
"How have you been sleeping lately?" He asks.
"Just- uhh. Fine." I answer simple.
"We're going to bed. You look fucking sleep-deprived." He says deciding.

"Do you want to sleep in my guest room again?"
"Sure...?" I raise my eyebrows questioning what he meant.
"In the hospital, we took a nap together. You seemed comfortable, I was too, would you want to do that again?" He says suggesting. I could see he was insecure and afraid of being rejected. Most guys who would say that would want something else. Would he want that too? I'm so not ready for that!
"You mean- just- uhhh- sleeping, right? Nothing else?" I ask embarressed.
"Oh! No! No, just napping. Not- no! I'm not- no!" He denies.
I smile. "Okay. Great, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page."
"I just want you to be comfortable."
"And you'd be too?"
"Yeah. Of course, I don't want anything else." He answers. This was so sweet, not even making me nervous.

I grab my bag downstairs, brush my teeth and change into the pyjama's I brought. A pair of shorts and the hoodie Danny gave me when we first met.

I walk into his bedroom, looking at the anime pictures on the wall and the stuffed animals in the corner next to the bed.
He sits there, on his phone, editting the video he made earlier today.
Danny looks up when I stand at the door.
"Hey- oh. My hoodie." He smiles.
"You look cute." He adds.
"Thanks, are you already done or?" I ask. This is my first night at a guys house. I have no idea how to handle this.

"Come, get comfortable." He pats on the bed.
I walk in, pulling my hoodie down a bit and I put my phone on the nightstand.
I sit in the other end of the bed, my feet dangling above the carpet.
Danny puts down his phone, looking at me.
The most awkward moment ever.
He leans over to me, grabs me by the waist, pulling me to him on the bed. My eyes widen, I smile in surprise of his action. Even the blush on my cheeks appears.
"Don't get all shy on me now. You really shouldn't be nervous." He whispers, giving me a kiss on the forehead.
He looks at me, up close.
"You have really slept bad recently. You look don't look fully rested. You are doing okay, right?" He speaks up in a concerned deep tone.
"Not perfect, no." I answer honest, meeting his eyes.
"Because of what?" He tries getting me to tell him more.
"I haven't been feeling great, in general. But it's no big deal." I hope to shake him off.
"Physically? Since after the accident or mentally?"
"Just everything at school, my mom, looking for a new job..." I sigh. "It's just a lot."
He looks at me full of understanding, not knowing exactly what to say.
"Tell me when it's unbearable, okay?" His deep voice speaks in a mysterious tone, but I know what that meant.
I nod, relaxing my head on his chest.
"Good." He turns off the light.

We haven't even actually settled before Uki start to make noises.
"She's mad at you. You're in her spot." Danny says in a childish tone.
"Can I put her on the bed? She won't let us sleep otherwise." He laughs.
"No problem." I answer. At home I always used to let my pets on the bed.
He sits up, reaches out and lifts her up on the bed, she lies down at the end, lets out a sigh and even begins snoring.
Danny wraps his arm around me. The warm feeling returns.

"By the way, did you continue writing this in your diary?" He asks out of the blue.
"No, of course not. It would be like a drama series for my mother to read." I joke.
"Dear diary," Danny starts in a girlish voice, "today I'm sneaking out to my boyfriends place, taking a bus at a very late hour. Don't tell my mom though, hehe." He giggles fake.
I burst out in laughing.

"I really like having you over. Glad you came." He whispers.
I don't know what to answer, but I'm unable to resist the smile forming on my face. His warm chest, making a sloght pressure on my back, it feels nice and cozy. I wouldn't trade anything else in the world for this.
"I hate the way we met, but I'm still glad we did." He continues. "You don't need to say anything, I know I'm being cheesy, I'm not going to stop anyways." He chuckles softly, running his fingers through my hair.
I try being serious, but Danny joking about this is not helping.
He continues talking cheesy, talking me to sleep. It is the a nice, warm and cozy feeling.

This chapter was a little short (ik), longer chapters are on their way! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the story so far, comment.

My new story is being updated regulary, Songs Tell Stories, so if you'd like, go check that out, don't forget to put in song requests!

Stay safe and remember: You matter!

P.B.S. 04/29/2024