Chapter 4 A Convincing Liar

TW: D3pr3ssion and language

I wake up with a warm feeling, thinking I was at home with my plushies. I move my head up to see where I was, seeing a tv, but I wasn't on my bed at home. I was on a couch. With Danny. Oh right. Falling asleep multiple times when you are already really confused is weird. I remember the position I fell asleep in, noticing, I'm still holding onto him. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry-." I back off embarrased. "It's okay, you looked very comfortable." He says with his deep voice.
"But now that you are awake, I want to order some dinner. Any ideas?"
I feel my stomach groan in hunger as I think about food.
"No, I'll eat whatever you order. I-I don't have any money though." I feel bad for being a bother.
"I know." He answers simple. He reaches for his phone on the coffee table in front of the couch. He calls a number and orders all types of food, some fries, pasta and chicken nuggets.

"It'll be here in like 20 minutes. How about you take a shower in the mean time? Get all that river flushed right off of you." Danny suggests. I nod, standing up slowly. I am unbelievably light headed and my body feels heavy. Which does make sense, I only had some toast this whole day. I make a quick look around to see a clock to know it's already 5.00 pm. I wonder if my mom had called me on my phone, that is somewhere in that river. Maybe after a shower I'll call her again. Before that I have to come up with an excuse for my drowned phone, but whatever that is, she won't be happy anyways.
"Hey Danny, after I shower, could I call my mom real quick?" I ask him without any reason. "Sure, but, when are you planning on going back actually? And where are you going to say you've been? I wanted to drop you off, but I don't know if you would want that." I think about that, I didn't have an answer to that imediatly. I had no idea how I was going to get home otherwise, but I couldn't just assume he would drive me all the way back. "You don't have to do that. I'll ask my friend if she could pick me up." I say. But that was a complete lie, I haven't spoke to any of my friends for at least 3 months. But of course he didn't let that slide. "Are you sure? It's no big deal. I just don't want to come between you and your mom. Or dad."
"It's just my mom. I don't have a dad"
"Oh great, you got daddy issues?" He asks in a playfull way. Who would say that? My jaw drops as he spoke, closing my mouth fast again so I wouldn't look stupid. My head goes red from humiliation.
"I got mommy issues, nice to meet you!" He adds.
"Sorry, I let the inapropriate jokes slip out." He adds and smiles painfully at me with a bit of regret about what he just said. I process the joke, he was kind of funny though.
"Heh," I chuckle "it was a good introducing joke. Anything you want to share?" I go with danny's humor.
"Hey, no, no, no. We're not going into that right now. You go take a shower." He cuts the joke in a goofy way.
"Yeah, where is your shower?"
"Like, when you get upstairs, you take the first door on the left. And I also put a towel for you ready on the sink."
"Okay, I'll be done in about 10." I inform him. He puts up his thumbs and smiles at me. He had such a perfect smile, I could look at it forever.

I turn around, open the door to the hall and go upstairs. I take off the hoodie and notice some rash on my arm, probably from the riverwater. I turn on the shower and try to accept everything that hapend this morning. It was such a mess, I was such a mess. Why did Danny jump after me? I'm a random person for him. But an even better question is why did he take me home? Did he feel like he couldn't just leave me? Should I have lied to him, so I would not bother him? I don't have an answer to any of my questions. I try to block out any other questions, forcing myself to relax.

I get downstairs, walking through the door I see Danny at the dinnertable. My head was still a little cloudy from everything that happened and all those thoughts in my head. The food had already been delivered, Danny had set up some plates.
"Hey, everything alright?" He asks me.
"Yeah." I answer, trying to make my voice sound as chill as I could.
During dinner it was mosty awkward. Danny clearly doesn't know what to say to me, frankly, I also have no idea what to say to him. I felt really grateful for him, he was so nice to me, having no reason for it. Danny had ordered a lot of food, which smelled delicious, just like it tasted. Even for someone not actually hungry.
When we're done eating I offer to do the dishes.
"No. I know you're trying to make up to me because you feel bad, but you should go and rest. And also, I organize the plates and all in my own way, so I don't mind." He tells me.
"Okay." I say when I remember I forgot to call my mom.
"Oh shit, can I borrow your phone? I still have to call my mom." I ask him again. He looks at the phone on te table, raising his eyebrows making it obvious I could use it.
I grab the phone, thanking him and going to the hallway. I press my mom's number and let it ring.
"Heyyyy. What number is this? I texted you, but you didn't respond. I thought you might need some stuff. So I'm on my way to you." She starts.
Fuck, fuck, fuck. What if she arrives? I'm not even in town right now!
"Oh, no, you don't need to, really. I-I uhhh, I went to a dinner with Eve. I got my neccesary stuff." I try getting her to turn around.
"Are you sure? I just don't get why the whole sleepover was neccesary." She complains.
"It was a spontaneous move, don't hate on it." I chuckle and use it as excuse.
"I-I gotta go. Our uhhh- order is ready. Bye" I add.
"Oh okay, have fun." She hangs up. I feel bad for lying to her, but I was definetly not telling her this over the phone.

Hey,
To whoever reads this:
I want to make this a series, so if you have any ideas/requests for scenarios, let me know!

Take care of yourselvessss

P.B.S. 03/07/2024