Chapter 19 The White Floof On My Lap

TW: D3pr3ssion, language (hospital vibes)

Danny's pov:
I have to call her mom now, I have to. All the things I could say run through my mind.
I click on the call button and sit down on one of the chairs in the waiting room again.
"Hello? Ann?" I hear her mother.
My voice hestitates making a single sound.
"Ann? Are you on your way home?" She asks a second time.

"Hello, uhm. This is Danny..." I begin.
"Danny? Hi, where's Ann?" She continues friendly, but I assume that tone would change once I explained myself.
"We're at the hospital. We got into an accident." I say awkwardly and afraid.
"You are where?!" She yells over the phone.
Well, I wasn't wrong, but I understand.
I don't like strict parents at all, yet this one is also worried now.
"We went to an event, on the way back we slipped of the road due to the bad weather. Ann is okay, but she is still unconsious. 'Nothing serious' is what the doctor said." Whilst I finish my sentence I hear her run and grab some keys in the background, ready to come this way.
"'Nothing serious.'" She imitates me. "How can you possibly say that?- Which hospital?" Anns mother adds.
"Saint. Louie." I answer her command.
"Believe me ma'am I am just as worried as you..." I try to get a little understanding.
"Shut up! I'm on my way!" She yells and hangs up.
I look at my phone. She is on her way. She is going to scold me, I'm sure.

Before I could think any further, Arny and Pete come back in, Pete had the wounds on his arms cleaned up, Arny's hair was glass clean again.

"Guys, Anns mom is on her way. I'm gonna check in on her, if you could watch my stuff?" I ask assuming already.
"Of course, go ahead." Pete answers.
They were a little surprised by my talking, I haven't spoken a lot since we got into the ambulance.
I walk through the white, almost blinding hospital halls.
"Fourty-three A. Fourty-three A...." I keep telling myself, it is the room Ann in.

Finally I arrive at her room and knock quietly. Nobody answers, so I let myself in slowly. There was no nurse. Just Ann lying on that bed.
I walk in, closing the door behind me for privacy.
Approaching her I no longer see the blood stains on her head, she is all cleaned up as well. Happily, because I hated seeing that on her.
I hate the whole fact of her being in this condition. She was already having a hard time, can't she have a break?
Grabbing a chair I softly speak to her.
"Hey, you should really wake up. Just to let me know you're okay? Then you can sleep as long as you want." I whisper, while I slip my hand around her cold fingers.
I put my head next to her. I'm so tired, but I'm not leaving for another second. Her mom should be here in about half an hour, but she'll figure it out. Ann needs me now.

"Danny?" I hear, thinking it was my imagination. Then I feel a cold hand pet my head.
I look up to see her face. She looks weak, exhausted.
I can't speak, but sigh in relief.

Anns pov:
The white floof resting on my lap woke me up in a graceful way.
"Hey, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" Danny asks me.
"A little." I say, trying not to make him feel guilty.
"Sorry, but I'm glad you're awake. You can go back to sleep. I'll be right here." He whispers in a deep tone. He was also very tired, I could see it on his face.
"You could lie next to me?" I suggest.
"No, no, you have to catch up on sleep, that's what the doctor said." He declines
"Please? We're both tired and the last time I actually slept decent was with you..." I back myself up, bringing the last energy I have, making my eyes slip off a little.
"Fine." He says and gets comfortable next to me. I curl up on his chest, listening to his breathing and heartbeat.
He wraps his arms around me as I return to the place I always feel most safe.

"I'm just glad you're okay." He whispers.

Danny's pov:
I have to tell her her mom is on her way, but then she will start stressing about it and not close an eye. I make the choice to not tell her, I'll let her mom show up, without announcement. That is the best thing I can probably do.

Her soft, lightweight hands form around my waist. I had missed her so much.
I move a little, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead.
This was such a peaceful moment, in bad conditions, however still perfect.
"I-I love you..." I whisper. She is already asleep, but I had to say that out loud to her.

I close my eyes and relax.

"I love you too." She mumbles.

Confusion and a bit of embarressement go through my body. She wasn't asleep. Or half, maybe?

This made the moment even more beautiful.

With that in mind I also slip off into a light nap.

Ann's pov:
"Excuse me?!" I hear a pretty high tone yell.
I look up. Trying not to be blinded by the lights, identifying where I'm at and who I'm with.

Oh shit.

"Danny? What the fuck is this?!" My mom yells once more. I've never heard my mom curse, she was hundred procent mad mixed with confusion, but she wasn't the only one at that last one.
Danny wakes up confused and jumps up.
"Ma'am, sorry- you don't understand." He stutters.
"Mom, stop yelling please..." I push volume out of my throat.
"Is this normal?" She continues. "Am I missing something? Are you two like- boyfriend and girlfriend?"

This was not how I planned telling her.

"No- well, uhhhh..." I try to find any words, none exist in my mind this very moment.
"Yes. We are. Right Ann?" Danny says confident, but questioning from the corner. I look down, as I fidget with the white hospital sheets.
"We... are. Please don't be mad." I meet my moms eyes.
"Wha- why didn't you tell me?" She says. I do get the feeling she is mad.
"Because, of this." I say.
"We are going to talk about this later at home." She says.
That makes me nervous as fuck. That meant she was going to yell and interview me at home.
"What happend exactly? I spoke to the nurse, so I'll be taking you home later. First, you two explain?"
She is very mad. No doubt.
"Ma'am I -" Danny tries.
"And don't lie. You said you we're going to the movies. Now I remember the movies being in our town, not 30 minutes away. Second, why is Arny also here? With some other guy?"

"We went to an event..." I begin. "I thought you wouldn't understand, so I just said the movies. We were driving back, when it was raining and the roads were all slippery. We got into an accident, but we are all fine." I explain. I cleared everything up, except for him being my boyfriend.

"I'm happy you're okay. But we are definitely going to talk about this at home." She says, appreciating my explanation.
However, when she turns to Danny, it is a whole other tone.
"And you young-men, If my daughter ever ends up in the hospital again, because of you-. I don't want you near her again." She threatens.

"Mom!" I yell in disgust. She was being protective to someone who I just said 'I love you' to.
"You can't say that! He's my boyfriend." I add in emotions.
"Fine, but we are going to talk about this, for now I definitely need you out of here right now." She snaps at Danny.
Without a word he leaves quietly, giving me an awkward look goodbye.

P.B.S. 04/17/2024

(I'm also thinking about writing a different story next to this one. I'm planning on a book with imagines, like ...x y/n, based on lyrics from songs. I will put in different songs from all kinds of artists. I will tell the story from the lyrics of how it could happen irl. So that is on it's way!)

Another note, I will review this story soon and take mistakes out of it.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!