Chapter 6 The Next Morning

TW: D3pr3ssion and language

The next morning...

I wake up in a bed, still very tired, trying to turn around and fall asleep again, without succes. Shit, I don't even remember seeing this room or entering it. I was still wearing the hoodie from last night. I look around, trying to recognize anything from last night, but I don't, which is confuzing. I look at the alarm clock standing on the desk at the other side of the room. 10.36 am. I must've been really tired. "Or drunk." I joke to myself. I put my hands on the bed, push myself up. I get out of bed and walk towards the door. I open it slowly, seeing Danny's room across the hallway still closed. He was still asleep. This was my chance, I'll get a sandwhich and get to the busstop. I feel like I'm bothering him, all he wants is to drop me off at home, where my mom is. If he'd drop me off, her side of the story would be pretty complicated.

I walk on my tippytoes to the stairs and try not to let one of the steps make a sound. As I walk into the kitchen I search the cabinet with the bread.
"Morning."  A voice says. I flinch as Danny suddenly stands around the corner. I look at him. My face burns up from embarresment, I can feel myself getting a red head.
"Weren't leaving without a note, right?" He asks me.
"N-No I was just-" I struggle to find an excuse as he cuts of my words.
"Well, suprises me you are still alive." He says giving me a suspicious look.
"Why?" I backfire the suspicious face. I look at him, wearing sweatpants and a white T-shirt. He looked 'good' for a morning outfit, it went along well with his untamed, fluffy, white hair.
"You were pretty out of it last night. You fell asleep on the couch, when it got a little late, I tried waking you up, but you were so tired. Mumbling about some things, I couldn't even understand." He smiles at me, obviously trying to humiliate me, which he did. My face was probably as red as a tomato already. I didn't remember any of this. I don't even have an answer. Do I apolagize?
"Then, I carried you to bed. Don't you remember? You were like, still talking but half-asleep. Pretty entertaining." He teases me.
"Shut up! I couldn't have been that weird right?" I chuckle, but I was dead serious. Seemed like one of those cringey boyfriend-girlfriend stories which always gave me an awkward feeling.
"I'll just say it wasn't." He laughs.
Whispering he adds:"It'll be bewteeen you and me."
"Yeah, it better be. Don't tell your best friend." I smile. Please don't, way too embarrassing.
"Hey, Arny is like my other piece. Oh- he was planning on coming over, like, around 2 this afternoon. I was thinking we could drive you back together if you don't mind..." Danny suggests.
"Sure, I don't mind at all."
"You were looking for breakfast right?" He continues. 
"Uhh, yeah." I say and slide my fingers through my hair, trying to get it a little in shape.

He walks up to me and opens a different cabinet than what I was looking for, giving me a 'you were so not close' look.
I helped him put some plates on the table. He made some toast and got us some coffee. We sat down, just like at dinner, super awkward. He seemed to be very introver, and so am I. That is a quiet combination I can assure you. Luckily, he had a tv on the wall and we could watch some netflix, Miraculous Ladybug of course. I don't mind watching it, he clearly loved it and wasn't ashamed of it, I think it is pretty cute.

Around 11 we finish eating, almost have said nothing. I still feel really embarrassed, I just don't know what to say. Sometimes I felt like he was staring at me, making me feel very uncomfortable.
We clean the table and continue watching the series on the couch in the livingroom. Suddenly, we hear the doorbell ring. Or not even, because it was mostly Uki making us aware of the fact that Arny had just arrived. She was running around barking. Danny goes to the door and let him in. They get into the livingroom and Danny introduces him.
"Arny, this is Ann. Ann this is Arny." He points at us, using jazz hands.
"Hey." Arny brings out shy.
I copy his behavior. "Hi."
"Hellooooo-." Danny says. "Oh sorry, wanted to be involved."
Arny smiles awkwardly at him. He is wearing a black tie-dye T-Shirt, saying 'anti-social' on some black sweatpants and boots. His big curly hair plopping whenever he turned his head.
"So uhhh, I-I honestly don't know what to say. Do you, uhhh want a hug-?" Arny struggles.
"Bro, what is wrong with you?" Danny interrupts and looks at him in disgust.
"Why would you ever ask that?" He adds.
"Well- I don't know, what would you want if you felt like that?" He says defensive. It was a little to direct, making me and Danny feel a bit uncomfortable. I look away in embarrasment. "Why did he have to know?" I ask myself.
"Sorry." He steps back.
"I shouldn't have said that. Or brought it up." He apolagizes.
"That's okay." I say.
Danny and Arny look at me sitting on the couch. A small silent moment of awkward looks is being broken by Danny's surprise.
"Oh right. I ordered a new phone for you, it just came in." He goes back into the hallway and grabs a delivery box.
"You did what?" I ask. Is he serious right now?
"It's no big deal. But it will be if you don't accept it." He gives it to me.
"It's not even a new version. So don't get too excited."
I open the box in front of them. Arny and Danny both take a seat on the other side of the couch facing me.
"An Iphone 12? You really didn't have to do th-" I say, as he interrupts me again.
"No, I did it. It's here now. And I'm not sending it back." He says in a strict way. Arny smiles at him, realizing how nice his best friend is, but also giving him a weird look.

"Anywaysss~. I was thinking let's get in the car. Pick up some food on the road and get you home. Is that an idea?" He suggests.
Arny at I look at each other and nod agreeing on Danny's plan.
"Great, I'll get ready. Ann, I let your clothes dry, their upstairs in the bathroom. Also your T-shirt didn't dry really good, you should put it in a plastic bag and just keep my hoodie. I don't want you getting sick." Danny says as he gets up and getting Uki her leash from the stand next to the couch. Aww, he cared, that's so sweet. And weird though.
"I'll get her do a pee-pee and then I'll be back." Making his voice sound high-pitch and funny.
"I'll go change." I say and get up to go upstairs.
Arny pulls his phone out of his pocket and makes himself comfortable.

Hey readers! Finally introduced Arny this chapter. Hope you enjoy!

ALSO, DANNY'S NEW MERCH IS OUT!

P.B.S. 03/09/2024