Chapter 14 Do You Want To Be My Girl?

TW: D3pr3ssion and language

While the movie has got my attention, I feel Danny's arm slip over my shoulder softly. It makes me feel uncomfortable for a minute, but then it starts feeling different.

I look over at him slowly, hoping to catch a hint on his face on what he was doing. His expression seems a little nervous. He tried looking at me, but not making it obvious. I want to let him know I was okay with it, by leaning into him. The most blunt thing I have done until now. The nervous look on his face dissapears as a satisfied grin takes its place. He is so handsome and adorable. I'm sure about my feelings now, I'm hundred procent in love with him. It is exactly like we are on the couch again, leaning into him, watching a movie. It is my new favorite feeling.

As the movie ends, we are still cuddled up with each other. Arny, Julia and Pete start discussing the movie the moment it ends. I back away from Danny, the three look a suspicious look, but they knew what was up with us.

We walk out of the theatre and of course, I almost tripped, because it was so dark.

We went to a place to have lunch and discuss the movie. The more we talked, the more I felt at home in the group.
Afterwords we decide to go to an arcade, have some fun playing games. We even made some videos for their TikTok.

Two hours later we walk out of the arcade, Danny even won me a big squishmallow.

"This was really fun, we gotta do this again soon!" Arny says while we walk to the car.
"It was!" Julia agrees and looks at me. "It was really nice to have met you. I have to get an Uber, to my hotel, I'll talk to you guys later!" She adds and walks away.
"Bye!" I say and wave at her. Danny didn't lie, she was very nice and funny.
"I have to go to." Pete says with a sad puppy face.
"I hate leaving." He adds.
"We'll see each other soon, for the Anime-convention." Danny says and gives him a playful punch.
"Right. Okay. I'm gonna try to drive with Julia's Uber then!" He says jokingly and sprints away.
"Well, just us then." Arny says with an awkward smile.
"You guys should hang out. I'll hang out with Nick." He speaks up, looking at Nick who was tying his shoes.
They get into the car Arny came here with, since he was staying at Nicks place. I still find Nicm an interesting guy, his hair looked like an anime character, he always had make-up on and his voice was so familiar. That last one was explained now, during lunch he told us he was a voice actor, which from something, I probably recognize it.

"Ann, I'll see you later. Danny, we'll call for the video and I'll see you at the convention anyways." Arny says and walks away slowly. Nick gets up and jokes: "You are welcome to join our group-sessions in the future..."
"Cool." I answer.
"Bye, guys!" Danny says and looks his friends away.

I turn to him, he was leaning against his white car again, hands in his pockets.
"Do you want to go home or- ?" He starts.
"Uhh, I don't know. What time is it anyways?" I ask.
"It's around three. We could hang out somewhere for a while?" Danny suggests. I really didn't want to go home, neither did I want to leave him already.
"Where?"
"I don't know."
"My mom isn't home, if I'm right. We could hang out at my place?" Such a stupid suggestion, but the only option I had, I can't even take him to my favorite restaurant, because that is where my mom works.
"Sure." He answers simply and opens the car door.
While he drives, he manages to start aconversation again.
"Did you like it?"
"The movie?" He adds.
Imediatly I think of us snuggling up together in the cinema.
"Yeah- uhh- yeah. I did..." I stutter.
He looks at me with a side eye, a proud one.
"You?" I ask.
"Yeah, I mean, Twilight is still better, but-" He says doubtful.
"Oh my god. You're a Twilight girlie?" I tease him.
"No, don't say it like that. But yes. I am." The doubtful ashamed tone in his voice dissapears.
"Same. We can turn that on at my place?" I chuckle.
"Sure, haven't watched it in a while."
"Great." I reply.
The rest of the carride remains more silent, listening to his Spotify playlist.

We arrive at my house, my moms car was gone, yes. I let Danny in and we install on the couch with the Starbucks we had just picked up. The big squishmallow I put next to us on the couch, I also grab some blankets, trying to make it cozy.
"You really know what you're doing, don't you?" He asks me jokingly.
"I do, in fact, I've seen so many pins aboout cozy spots on Pinterest, I'm a pro." I chuckle.
I sit down next to him, with some space between us. I grab the remote ans search for the first Twilight movie on Netflix.
I sit back and lean a little away from him, I didn't want to be labeled as clingy.
"What are you doing?"
"Giving you space..." I answer.
"Why? I mean, I get it, but..." He seems confused.
"I don't know." I mumble.
He grabs me by the waist and pulls me in, how unconfortable it may sound, it was the best feeling I've had in forever.
As he roughly pushes me into him he sighs.
"That's better."
I throw a small smirk at him and try to get my attention back to the movie.
"So, what are we? Are we like, just good friends or?" He starts talking again in whispertone.
"Uhhh-" I hestitate before giving an answer.
"What do you want us to be?" He continues asking me.
"I- How am I supposed to answer that?" I ask with a slight irritated tone, because I felt pushed and not knowing what to say.
"I'd want us to be more..." He speaks quietly, making my heart beat faster than ever. He knows I'm embarressed, I've never had something like this. Danny's finger slides to my wrist, trying to find my pulse.
"What would you want?" His soft whisper reached my ear once more. As I go completely speechless, he still tries to get an answer.
"Do you want to be mine?"
My heart skips a beat when he brings out that sentence.
"Yeah." I mumble, staring into his eyes.

He closes his eyes and leans his head closer to mine. I knew exactly what was happening I didn't know a lot about this, but I did know I was not going to stop it.

Hope this chapter was good enough!
Let me know your thoughts on it!

P.B.S. 04/02/2024