45

Author's pov:

Yuki could see the noticable shift in his posture. The frantic man had grown stiff, pale to the point his skin looked cold white with no warmth as if the blood streams in his body had dried out.
"Repeat that." He barely whispered.

A sudden emotion kicked in her gut. Was she feeling...worried?  For him?
"What?"

"Repeat the name, please." Why were his eyes suddenly gleaming with helplessness?

"Jung Y/N." His grip on the bars loosened as he backed away.
Y/N?

This isn't how I wanted to hear my sister's name after so long.

***

Jungkook's pov:

The men in the room stop talking and look at the guard who barged in, breathless. We were in the middle of an important discussion about out war strategies and barging in like that was like a silent invitation to have my sword at their throats but the horror in his eyes stopped me from assuming as I waited for him to speak.

"Majesty, he's here."

"Where's Y/N?" I ask as I make my way through the hallways, annoyance slowly creeping in my veins.

"The queen is in the west wing, Majesty. She is taking history lessons." Jimin answers crisply, walking behind me. He was persistent to follow behind me even when I was sure I wouldn't need any sort of protection but right now, I wasn't in a state to convey that to him.

"Make sure she stays there." I command. I couldn't afford her presence In front of that man and had no idea up to what extent it could trigger him. He was unpredictable and his sudden arrival here was proof enough.

He had sent a letter a few days ago, saying he wanted to negotiate. I trusted him as much as I trusted a hungry hyena. I did not send a message back for there was no room for negotiation just like he said back in the hall. Even if he were to come here on my invitation, it would take up to four days to reach which only meant one thing.
He set out for his journey even before the letter was delivered here.

He didn't care about my reply. He just wanted a reason to come here and meet me.

He stood with his back facing me, staring out of the wall length open windows, the curtains blowing a little along with the breeze. The door closed behind us yet he made no movement to acknowledge my presence.

His guards were outside the room maybe he ordered them to stay outside while my General was stubborn enough to turn deaf to my commands.

I waited for him to make a move cause obviously he wasn't enjoying the view outside, his attention was on me the moment I entered.

"Its rude to not reply back to a letter, King Jeon. I guess, I'd have to teach you how to be polite." He tsked thrice before turning to face me.

"I must have been your acquaintance in my past life. Bad influence is too hard to let go." He smirks at my remark and takes a seat on the couch as if he owns the place.

"Please make yourself comfortable." He gestures towards the empty place opposite his and then interlocks his fingers, resting one elbow on the arm rest.

The changes in this man are significant, physically noticeable. The hollow of his cheeks is more defined, his eyes are sharp and alert contrary to the first time I met him. He talks with a resolution, a purpose like there isn't anytime to spare on meaningless things but at the same time would talk in circles, intentionally missing the entire point. That too had a purpose.