21

Author's pov:

If Y/N was embarrassed about him openly talking about such things, she didn't show it. But this wasn't the point. In the flow of the conversation, they drifted to another road while it should have been about the part where he shouldn't even be here in her house. He is the KING OF BUSAN for lord's sake, who casually stood in her bedroom talking informally to her, who had most definitely kissed her on several occasions. Didn't any of this irritate him? Royalty is known for strict rules and regulations that must be followed by the women to appear more sophisticated and soft.

"W-we are not addressing the main point of this conversation." she cleared her throat, cheeks the slighted tint of red. "It really doesn't matter if you lied or not. Just forget everything that happened and lets move on from this." her heart felt heavy with hurt but she had to do this.

Maybe living a normal life just like any other citizen was a stress reliever for him and being with me was a part of it. God knows how many responsibilities lay upon his shoulders.

"Move on?" His voice brought her out of her trance. Looking up at him, she realised he had come closer while she was zoned out. Trying to move back, her back was met with the wall. "Was being with me a darn fling to you?" There was a spark of anger in there.

Y/N's pov:

While all this time he whined like a child, agitated to prove a point, I stood tall like a strict mother. The tables seemed to have reversed now that his eyes were narrowed down on me, as if, I was the culprit.

"How dare you put this on me?" How could it be a fling from my side when I was nothing but purely transparent and honest with him, while he always had a mysterious aura surrounding him. He lied about his occupation and even his name. I don't know who's name I've been chanting all this time.

"How dare I? How can you say something like this so casually?" His jaw was clenched, muscles ticking when he put more pressure and I tried not to stare for too long.

"Then what do you want me to say!? Huh? No! It wasn't a fling. Why would I have let you close to me if it was? I wouldn't have opened up to you. God! I wouldn't even have the guts to look at you if I had the slightest idea about who you were. Us low class women don't have the luxury to play around. We're taught to save ourselves for our future husband, otherwise they call us impure."

"THAT IS THE VERY REASON I NEVER TOLD YOU!" He yelled into my face, his voice holding nothing but helplessness. His hands now latched onto my arms, pushing me more against the wall. "You would have ran away from me and I didn't want that." Defeatedly, he rested his forehead on mine.

"A-and where do you think it would have led us?" My voice cracked. "You would have lived in your bubble for a few days before popping it and leaving, having no idea how it would have affected me."

"I don't ever want it to pop."

"You're making things difficult for yourself." I closed my eyes, taking in his scent. He could vanish any moment he wants, so I need to make the most of whats left.

"I don't care about anything if I get you in the end." He nuzzled his nose against mine making my heart rate spike. My hands found their way to his broad chest only to find his heart hammering as well. All this was affecting him as much as it was affecting me.

His breath fanned my lips. I had enough time to pull away but something was pulling me strongly towards him. This felt right no matter how wrong it actually was.
And so our lips touched, reigniting the spark that made me feel alive, full of warmth and loved by him. His lips fit perfectly against mine like two puzzle pieces.