43

Jungkook's pov:

For the time being, I had shut my emotions out. I couldn't afford to have an outburst. I don't even know if I was manifesting one or if my silence was natural.

I assumed this day to be the best day of my life for it was the only one I looked forward to. Everything was normal, it was great, but it didn't take more than a few words for it to turn into a disaster. People will remember this day not as my wedding day but the day catastrophe struck. This day will go down in history as the day the kingdoms turned against each other...for a reason I was still unsure of.

Only a few hours ago we all talked like some casual friends meeting after a long time. It was horrifying how it only took a few hours for people to change. King Kang gave me wary looks of doubt as if contemplating I was an enemy or an ally. Our kingdoms have been close and it was  natural to have the first thought of forming an alliances with another to strengthen one's kingdom's power to win in a situation of war.

War.
I had also assumed this day to bring about peace by forming a peace treaty with all these royals. Now look what it came down to.

The reality was slowly starting to grow like a dark omnious aura on them all as the crowd started murmuring. Horrid whispers and panick stricken gasps from all corners of the room yet I couldn't bring myself to speak. I couldn't even bring myself to look away from those eyes which looked back at me with utter and pure hatred. One could mistake him for a person who's a few seconds away from crying. His eyes weren't moistened due to an emotion like sadness, they looked devotional as if he had finally found a purpose and he just couldn't wait to fulfill it. Those eyes sparkled with a desire to consume.

No one dared to break the silence as it slowly prolonged, the air thickening to the point I felt suffocated, wanting to choke on my own spit. Then someone spoke and it was a person I least expected it from.

"What are you saying, Taehyung?" It was a soft whisper of disbelief but it was heard loud and clear even over the constant murmuring. Y/N stepped closer to him or she tried to.
I reflexively held her wrist. She looked back at me but I refused to meet her eyes. A small shake of my head and she got the message. I closely studied his eyes. They now rested on the spot where we both connected. It screamed jealousy. A muscle in his jaw ticked as he blinked multiple times. "He is not a threat. Let me talk to him. Please?" She whispered only for me to hear and I couldn't help but scoff. Was she hearing herself? I sucked in much needed air and shut my eyes close. I don't want to lash out on her of all people but her statement is something to laugh at, utterly ridiculous.
He just declared a war on us yet she couldn't consider him a threat.

How close were you both?

"You of all people should take me seriously, Y/N." He heard her. No! He fucking read her lips. Reading this man was as easy as learning the number system and the way he looked at her made me want to kill him right now. He is the same man who hurt her a few minutes ago. "Its not something to negotiate over. My decision is final."

"This is not what you want, Taehyung. Please reconsider-"

"Prepare well, fellas." He mocked before turning around. His brother followed his trail being as bewildered as anyone else here.

One by one they all started to leave while I stood silent like a numb mountain.

I marched through the walls of the castle while a certain someone kept following me. She wasn't getting the message, I wanted to be alone for some time. She was the last person I wanted to see right now. I needed to be away from her for I don't know what I'll say but I do know I'll most definitely regret it.