51

Author's pov:

The sky roared in agony sending chills down the spines of the spectators who raised their heads, watching it dull further in gloom. Just like the snap of the fingers, it began pouring cats and dogs.

The pit in Y/N's chest dropped even further, her heart hammering, anxiety taking over her entire being. She didn't know why she felt a pang in her chest watching the downpour, a question ringing in her ears.
What do you weep for?

Noticing her going rigid, Jungkook kept a hand to her shoulder making her flinch. "Are you alright?" he asked, concern weighing down his eyebrows. "Do you not feel well?" he added, watching the colour drain away from her face, a dull, pale, cold skin left behind.

She stays silent, mostly due to a lump forming at the back of her throat. Her conscious has already warned her about something going very wrong but what could be the possibilities of it being so numbing? The sickening feeling was so deep and creeping, she hadn't even told him the thing for which she ran through the entire castle. As she lifted her hand to gently place it on her chest, she noticed it shaking. Softly grazing her cold fingers right above the heart, she took a shaky breath. "I feel torn."

Yuki ties the horse to a tree, far away from the eyes of the royal soldiers. The rain just kept on worsening, so she chose a big shady tree to secure the horse. Giving it a few pats she starts taking slow and calculated steps towards the camping area. Even though she wore the same uniform as them, with the rain making it difficult to directly look at a person and also covering up the trail of footprints she left behind, she still didn't want to take any chances.

She slowly begins to cut the thorny fences, laying flat on the ground. It consumes so much time that her arms begin to feel sour after staying stiff in the air. After ensuring enough space to pass through the gaps, she crawls like a caterpillar, the armour making it way more difficult.

Standing up straight, she tries to act normal and not flinch away when a soldier passes by or nodding at her.  She blended well with the mud and dirt from before being washed away by the rain.

She maintains a safe distance from what she believed to be Taehyung's tent which was significantly different from the others. She'd witness tribals after every few meters, the women and childern trembling and wailing through the suffering and heartbreak of watching their houses being smashed to nothing but pieces and broken parts.

"Yah! Get the bodies ready." A yell from a guard catches her attention.
What bodies?

She decides to follow the men into a small tent. The pitter patter of the rain droplets on the tent sheets echoed everywhere. She stops in her tracks to see four human bodies covered with a white cloth. "What are you doing there!? Standing like a statue! Get to work." He yells at Yuki who stood glued to her spot.

She quickly snaps out and begins to follow whatever the other guy was doing. "Euk! I don't want to do this. This one smells like pee." He whines loudly.

"I know, right!" The other huffs. "I still feel goosebumps remembering how brutally King Taehyung slashed his neck." Yuki stills, not being able to believe whatever he just said. It felt unreal. Even though Taehyung wasn't the bestest of the siblings, he was the nicest amongst them. "Hey, you. Bind their hands and feet together, we'll come and check in a minute." He orders and quickly fleas with the other eagerly wanting to run away from the task.

Yuki sighs and bites her inner cheek. Having lived a terrible life didn't mean she was used to such terrible sights. These were dead people, probably innocent who just fell prey to a fragile man's wrath. The smell of blood mixed with their own fowl scents that they must have developed on living underground with no proper care, made her want to gag.