39

Author's pov:

The sales were skyrocketing and the street vendors were profiting from it without fail. The grand and auspicious day had arrived. Every single person in Busan was getting ready with such excitement, it felt like a personal occasion. Not even a single street was left uncrowded as people left their homes to join the King and his new found queen in the ceremony that would bind them for eternity. Regional folksongs were sung, young women performing traditional dances were being praised as people walked through the streets tossing coins in the baskets.

Even the coronation ceremony of King Jeon wasn't celebrated to this extent. If the streets were filled with such enthusiasts, the people in the castle were ecstatic.

Jungkook was gone in the morning when Y/N woke up to the loud cheers and chatters of maids and workers in the hallway. She was sure she wouldn't have slept a wink if she were alone. The excitement and nervousness would have kept her wide awake the entire night if it wasn't for the warm feeling of being at home in his arms that she slept like a log.

Y/N moved to her window and glanced at the citizens religiously celebrating the occasion. Her eyes fell on a few carriages entering the main gates. The kings and queens of other lands were here to be a part of their wedding. The way everything felt so grand and massive made her feel nervous all over again.

Lets look at the brighter side, I'll get to call him my husband at the end of this day.

She glanced at the carriages again, her eyes stopping on a very familiar horse.
Blaze!!

Taehyung.

A huge smile broke into her face as she squeaked at the thought. Taehyung was here. She'll get to meet him after so long.
I'll introduce him to Jun..gko.ok.

Her smile dropped instantly. Taehyung was here to attend her wedding.

"Take as much time as you want. Don't feel burdened, Okay? Even if its a no, I won't take it in a bad way."

"No. No. No." Y/N held her head, gripping her hair tight. This was so messed up. Taehyung had asked for her hand and while he waited for Y/N to give him an answer, he was here to attend a wedding of the king with an unknown girl who was none other than Y/N herself.

He'll feel so disheartened to witness this.
He'll feel betrayed.

"No, everything is fine." She tried to convince herself, taking in deep breaths. "I just need to explain everything to him and he'll understand. Yes. simple. He's my best friend, of course, he'll understand." She nodded her head continuously. "I just need to talk to him."
The convincing seemed to have worked on her for the time being as she forgot about the issue when the maids came to get the bride ready.

If you told her she'll marry a King a year ago, Y/N would have laughed at the your stupidity. The thought of the union of a commoner with nobility was just absurd even after such episodes had taken place in the past. There were kings who married for love, outside of the royal families and fought for the sacred bond that lasts a lifetime. The reason it was still considered absurd was this change hasn't been fully accepted yet. People did like to tell tales about the bravery of those kings but would have second thoughts if their current king made such decisions, they'd praise the ladies who enchanted those noble men but would judge one now if she was of their own village or a part of their family.
Just like Y/N's father did. She had no idea if he was attending the wedding or not but deep down she wanted him to come no matter how brutally he hurt her. He was the only family she had left and if he doesn't become a part of such an important day, she'd feel incomplete.