9

Jungkook's pov:

Two darn days!
And I couldn't shake off the image of her trembling figure. She had been nothing but kind to me since the moment we met but I just had to put my ego first. I know I was in the wrong. I know her reason was justified enough but spontaneous anger had suddenly sparked in my chest as I imagined someone slapping me that it blinded my senses.

All my life, I trained till I passed out. Despite not being experienced in a battlefield, I had my fair share of fights. I learnt from all of them and also earned scars, wounds gracing my skin. I wasnt ashamed of them, they were like a reward I won along with the fight.
But a slap sounded more disrespectful than a punch to the gut.

Had it been someone else, someone who meant harm, someone who wouldn't approach a wounded man with the intention to help, they could have killed me and I wouldn't be able to do a thing. I was completely unarmed and open.

It again made me question my beliefs. It made me angry and she happened to be there when I opened my eyes, so my anger got directed towards her.

Not just my guilt, her belief towards the king sent another pang across my chest. She believed I would listen, the person who was accusing her in the first place. This almost made me not want to face her ever again but I wanted to mend things and change whatever view she held against me.

I might be cold and ungrateful but never heartless.

Very few people in my life had stayed by my side without a motive up their sleeve. Those people made me believe that humanity still existed. I made sure to express my thankfulness in every way possible. She was the newest addition to that list and I really wanted to make it up to her. Also, she seemed to know a lot about the other villages. It might save me a lot of time and effort if I got to know the conditions under which the other villages worked without going there. But first I had to do something to make her f-f-fo-forgive me.
Darn it! Words like 'forgive', 'apologize' and 'sorry' were so foreign to me that I couldn't even voice them out in my conscious.

Despite wanting to try, I couldn't muster up the courage to go infront of her. I've never let anything affect me to this point where I couldn't focus on anything else but here I was, having a mental crisis due to a woman I met three days ago.

"Ji ho, I made a beautiful woman upset."

The words left my mouth before I could realise. What!?
Beautiful? When did I start noticing the  beauty in this context?
I have seen so many woman. Princesses, concubines, dancers and many more. They must be beautiful too but my conscious never pointed it out let alone notice it.
But that wasn't the case here. For the first time in my life, I felt a woman's touch with my body pressed against her's. Weirdly so, I remember every single detail of it. My chest closely pressed against her's, my hand twisting her arm behind her back almost making me feel the shape of her waist. Lets forget the tiny detail of me holding a knife against her throat. Even when she was at the verge of crying and breaking down, her rosy cheeks and softened lips were so attractive to my eyes. Eyes! Her eyes.
A pair of pure, innocent and adorable bambi eyes. Her eyes made me want to stare out of adoration but the rest of her,.........it made me want to stare out of a feeling I wasn't aware of, yet.

I never indulged in the world of pleasure, not because I hated it but because the concept of it was so foreign to me.
In my teenage days, when all these thoughts crowd one's mind the most, I was busy trying to be a better version of my self and become capable in all aspects.

Even though I didn't want to admit it but I didn't want to pull away from her. Is this what physical attraction feels like?

This was so out of character for me.