41

Taehyung's pov:

Father took him again. I wanted to stop them but their horses were so fast, my tiny legs couldn't keep up with it. I still ran in the pathetic attempt to stop him from taking my brother away from me. I would get so lonely without him. My royal guards ran after me.

If it was so important then why couldn't they just take me with them? I hated being alone. Mother no longer was in a state to play with me and my little sister had always been aloof. I couldn't understand her and my tiny brain couldn't afford to unpuzzle her mystery and make me understand. There was an invisible barrier between her and me, I no longer wanted to cross it.

"Stop!!" But there wasn't any between me and him. He could read me like the back of his hand. If they leave this time, I don't know when they'll return. It scared me. It angered me. He didn't want to leave. The grim look in his eyes, the dull smile he gave me before he walked out of my room. It said what his mouth couldn't. He didn't want to go. It was father who always persuaded him to go. No! He didn't even ask him for his permission and just dragged him along.

My ankle twisted and I yelped, falling down on my face. A burning sensation travelled through my chest, hot tears ready to spill out but I refused to cry. The pain in my ankle, the scratch on my knee, the mud on my face, nothing fazed me as I glared at the disappearing horses, clenching my fists on the grass.

"Are you okay, young master?" One of the guards helped me up. He was the oldest in age and the white hair on his face made him look like a grandpa. I let him pick me up. He examined my foot, rotating my ankle. "Does it hurt?" I didn't reply. The anguish I felt only grew by the passing minute. My eyes fell on a figure on a balcony. Yuki stood there like a statue. She was far high but something told me her eyes were directly on me. It made me feel somewhat mocked. Why wasn't she in a state like mine? She was close to Namjoon, then why she just stood there doing nothing? Does she want to stay alone? Then I'll give her exactly that. "Its alright." The old grandpa's voice brought me back. He smiled at me, so warmly I felt like crying again. "Do you wish to do something to clear your mind, young master?"
I want a hug.

He looked like a person who'd give into that request in a heartbeat but I didn't want to come out as weak. "I want to horse ride."

They wanted to send guards after me but I was stubborn too. I made sure no one came after me. When they came despite my constant disagreement, I grew even more agitated. To move out of their radar, I directed my horse to the forest. At the moment, I didn't care if I got lost. It would be a reward instead, to be away from them, away from the Royalty.

I rode my horse deeper and deeper, increasing the speed, but never stopped. The wind pricking into my skin, the smell of wet sand, the thrill, it made me feel alive. And being alive also meant having to go through turmoils and experiencing certain emotions like sadness. In the castle, you are only allowed to feel the good emotions, the emotions that provide to the image of Nobility, makes it thrive.

My eyes squinted as I felt like racing with the wind. They slowly watered. My chin began trembling. A scream of anguish left my throat. I pulled the leash making my horse stop in its tracks.

I was alone. Now I could cry without being judged. When the horse nuzzled into my neck, the dam broke. Even an animal who can't speak can understand when one is sad. Why couldn't those people with speech do? Why are we still asked to keep mum when we can convey how we feel? I hugged its neck and cried loudly.

A crack of a stick was heard behind me. The horse quickly shielded me, blocking my view. Who was it? Am I in danger?
"Easy there. I'm not going to harm you."
A girl? I quickly turned around to see a girl around my age. How did she manage to reach the borders without a horse? No one lives here.