35

Author's pov:

The coronation ceremony of the Prince of Ulsan was a very private event. No one from any other kingdom was invited to be a part of the ceremony and witness the grand celebrations. But that wasn't the case here. Invites for the wedding of King Jungkook were being sent over to all the neighbouring kingdoms.

Though the preparatory time was very short, no stone was left unturned to make everything perfect. It felt like a festival. Jungkook donated a large amount of clothes to the citizens. New sets of sweets were being sent off everyday. He even changed a lot of laws. His visit to the villages wasn't in vain. Instead of getting loans from local chiefs and landlords, the people were now free to take reasonable amount of money as loans from the royal palace after following a proper procedure. The barter system was made fair. The connecting rivers were cleaned, new safe and strong bridges were being build over them.

It was like a second birth of the kingdom.
Most people no longer cared about the new queen being a commoner. They gave her blessings for bringing about such a drastic change in the King. The people who once questioned a girl's character and condemned her for bewitching the King for power were now seeing her in a different light. She was a blessing in disguise.

They were eager to see her, get a glimpse of her. The wedding would take place in the Shrine which was also called the heart of Busan for everyone to see their future queen.

The castle was in a hustle bustle with the servants running around to get the job done. Jungkook wanted everything to be perfect and all according of Y/N's likings. All she had to do was give her preferences and it would be done.

Y/N was given an off of two days from her training and study sessions to relax and prepare for the wedding. Her preparation involved sitting, just sitting. The tailor came in the morning and took her measurements for the wedding dress. That was the only time she was asked to stand up. She was dragged to the bathhouse to relax her muscles and rest. Then she was given a massage to relax her pressure points, then a full body scrub, then a facial. This was her fifth fack pack of the day. She wasn't even allowed to eat food by her hands, it was being fed to her. In Miho's words- Your hands are the most priceless ones at the moment, My lady. The nail paint you wear is extracted from a very rare flower.
This entire thing gave the feeling of being sculpted into an entirely new person.

Wow, I was being tossed around here and there till yesterday. Now, I'm not even allowed to move a muscle.

Jungkook came to visit her once and seeing her being surrounded made him want to laugh. Each maid holding one limb was a comical sight. She had a turmaric mask on. The massage must be good for her to fall asleep, he thought and left.

***

Yura wasn't happy in the least and everything around her was reminding her of that particular thorn that caused this turmoil in her mind.

Her son was going to marry a lower class in two days and she was just sitting on the sidelines with her hands tied.

This was monarchy for a darn reason. People were segregated into different classes for a reason. They shouldn't be allowed to blend in. The only purpose a commoner serves is to be ruled over. The nobility doesn't require these insects to like them. They can hate them, like them, worship them for all they like. It doesn't affect the royalty in the very least.

"What do you see down there, Yura?" Her mother made her stand on the table pressed against the window pane. Yura looked down at the citizens cheering her father's name. They wished him for his birthday.

"People. They must love father dearly." Yura giggled and waved at them, as if, they could see her.

"Do you think they love him?" Her mother hugged her from behind, resting her chin on her shoulder.