36

Author's pov:

Minji was more than happy to see Jungkook happy. The way his eyes would light up at the sight of Y/N. The way he admired her, stared at her like he never wanted to look away soothed her heart. She had always blamed herself for creating problems for him and his family. Even though the love between her and Jungkook's father was pure, she always saw herself as the other woman.

She commended Jungkook for not taking a concubine even when Y/N wasn't in the picture. The idea of using a woman's body for your own pleasure in the name of a tradition was very vague to her. If men had needs, so did women. If they expressed their desires, they were tagged as dirty and impure.

Jungkook understood this without her saying it. He knew Minji would see herself in any of those concubines. She was once a concubine herself. She would feel disrespected. So he forbid such practices in the castle.

She was of the opinion that he wouldn't ever get married. Him as a child had suffered enough because of the happy married couple his parents were. Seeing him fall head over heels for a girl was a surprise. Jungkook wasn't really expressive and so his words and actions were vulnerable to judgement. People hardly ever knew what went through his mind. She hoped he overcame that for Y/N. Communication was the key to a happy and stable love life. If he couldn't say that he loved her, she hoped he made Y/N feel loved.

Minji was free to roam around the castle and even anywhere else in Busan. All she had to do was ask but shame was something that always chained her down. Yura had engraved it into her mind that everything went downhill ever since she entered their lives, that the former king shouldn't have brought her here from a sex place, that she was a home wrecker. She believed it was true. But she also believed that Yura was pure evil. Minji might have wrecked her married life, but it was she herself who wrecked her motherhood and lost her son. Yura loved power more than anything. She couldn't love anyone nor could she be loved enough to be anyone's. She brought her doom upon herself.

Now, Minji wanted to put aside her differences and be a part of Jungkook's happiness. She didnt care about being an eyesore for Yura. She volunteered for giving whatever help she could offer. Indulging with people, talking and working together was heartwarming in some way. She liked it. It made her feel normal.

"Are you available for a moment, Jungkook?" She opened the door without knocking, something she would usually do. The smile on her face vanished seeing Eun Ae on top of a shirtless Jungkook. The first emotion she felt was betrayal for the innocent her right across the hallway. She felt anger.

But it soon passed away. It can't be. This is Jungkook we're talking about. He would never. Her doubts were cleared when Eun Ae abruptly jumped off him and stared at her wide eyed, like she was caught doing something wrong.

Eun Ae really didn't expect someone to walk in on them. No one would dare to enter the King's room without permission. At most it would be Y/N and she would have been glad if it were Y/N.

Jungkook wasn't making any movement. He wasn't even turning his head to look at the person who entered. Minji's brow crooked at the sight. Her eyes fell back on Eun Ae who was wiping her smudged lips, the stains of her blood red lipstick clear on his body.

"Y/-N~"

If it wasn't for the dead silence in the room, it would have went unnoticed. It was a plea, a call for help. That was enough proof for Minji, Eun Ae has done something to him.
"What did you do to him?" Minji barked and it took the younger girl by surprise. Minji shut the door tight and made sure it was locked. She couldn't afford to let someone take a peek inside, definitely not Y/N.