𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓑𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭

𝓐𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓷 𝓮𝓷𝓭, 𝓘'𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓯𝓾𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓷. 𝓖𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓹 𝓖𝓲𝓻𝓵'𝓼 𝓰𝓾𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻; 𝓣𝓲𝓹 𝓷𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮, 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓳𝓸𝓫, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓾𝓹𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝔀𝓴𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓹 𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓹.

𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓸𝓿

Everyone has different ways of coping after discovering intense situations, some run to drugs and alcohol, physically assaulting someone, or therapy. But me? I prefer doing all of the above, I smoke weed and drink tequila to calm my nerves, I punch people that irk said nerves after I've calmed them, and as for therapy... I never go there.

But last night was different, I couldn't really bring myself to do any of those things. After Nate dropped me off at home last night, all I could do is think about what he told me. A married grown woman was blackmailing and sexually assaulting a teenager for her own self-gratification.

After a while my thoughts switched from feeling sorry for Nate, to straight up wanting to murder Catherine. There are so many things I could do to make her suffer, but I can't until it evolves into something he can't handle alone. Eventually I got some sleep and when I woke up, I walked into town and started my favorite version of therapy... retail therapy.

I placed all the merchandise I grabbed on the counter and waited for the cashier to be finished at the register beside me. My phone went off in my pocket, I pulled it out and checked my caller ID "Bonjour, Blair." I greeted.

"Things are going south with Lord Marcus." She blurted out, I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Who the hell is Lord Marcus?" The clerk gave over and began ringing up my items.

"James." Boring dude is named Marcus and is a lord, right "It turns out that he was pretending to be a commoner, it's like 'Roman Holiday' only I'm Gregory Peck and he's Audrey Hepburn .

"Yeah, that makes perfect sense." I said sarcastically, the clerk pointed to my total. 'Five hundred and twenty-five cents' not bad, I grabbed my card out of my wallet and handed it to her.

"He's not really a college student, he's a lord and I love him."

"Okay, uh, love? That's a large jump from he's boring, and weren't you supposed to dump him ?" I asked, the woman finished bagging my stuff and placed the receipt in the smallest bag.

"No , I had to realize he's the one for me. I love him very much and not just because Tom Hanks gave him a kleenex at Lady Di's funeral." I grabbed my purchases with my left hand and exited the shop

"So, all it takes for you to fall in love with the guy that you were originally supposed to use as revenge against the real guy you're in love with, is a title and him being at Lady Di's funeral?"

"I'm no longer in love with Chuck, revenge is so twelve hours ago." I hummed skeptically. "And just because Marcus happens to be the perfect post-Bass palate cleanser, doesn't mean he isn't a delicious dish in his own right." Blair argues

"Wow, a match made in heaven." I slowed down my walking cause I know she needs advice. "I know you didn't call to brag, since you love doing that in person with an audience. So what's the issue?"