𝓜𝓾𝓬𝓱 '𝓘 𝓓𝓸' 𝓐𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰

In just twenty four short hours, I'll be boarding a flight to travel ten thousand miles, from my home to Australia. Instead of being able to spend the day reminiscing in my beautiful city, I'll be forcibly celebrating the nuptials of my father and soon to be step-mother.

I spent the majority of the night packing up my room, separating all the clothes that'll be taking with me, moving to the new penthouse, and the few I'll be donating. I've created more labels than I could count, my hand was dusty and cuffed from moving boxes every which way in my room.

Two knocks were placed on my open door. "Hey Chris, can you help me write my bestman..." Chuck trailed off looking around my box filled room "Wait, why are you packing? We don't move for another week or so."

I angrily folded a pair of shorts, stuffing it into my third nearly full suitcase. "He didn't tell you?" Chuck gave me a confused look, that stupid son of a bitch. "Of course he didn't tell you, I'm interning this summer in Australia."

"I thought-"

"Thought we had a deal? Yeah, me too." I zipped up my suitcase and moved to my vanity, to pack up my makeup and brushes. Out of all the different branches of Bass industries, he's sending me to the one ten thousand miles away. Instead of the one less than five miles away from our suite.

"What are you going to do about Nate?" He asked making himself comfortable on my bed. I sighed, pointing to the notebook beside him. In addition to packing, I spent some time brainstorming ideas.

"Invite Nate to Australia, and break up with Nate." He read off, after a minimum of three hours of brainstorming that's all I got. "There's one crossed off."

"Long distance, that one isn't going to be plausible because of time difference and I'll be too busy doing most of Jack's work." I said, "My only options are either ending what we have, or taking a leap and inviting him with me."

I don't even know which one to pick, because I'm afraid of the outcome with both. If I end this now, I could be losing a lifelong friend and always wonder about the 'what ifs'. And if he ends up coming with me, red flags could be waving and I'll end up losing a lifelong friend because I despise him.

"And which one are you going to choose?"

"I don't know, but I'll figure out what's best to preserve whatever we have."

"All because our insufferable psychotic father has an unflattering need to control us and everything we do." I nodded my head and continued to pack up my skincare. "Do you ever wonder what it would be like, if we had a loving father?"

"God no," I sighed "We'd probably be like those bagel eating freaks from Brooklyn." We laugh, I try not to imagine our father in an alternate universe anymore. I used to do it all the time when I was younger, but it always ended in heartache.

"Well in some good news, Blair will be dealing with Georgina." I finished packing my makeup bag and placed it by the rest of my suitcase.

"That's going to bite us in the ass."

"What do you mean?" Chuck sat up, looking at me in a state of confusion. We're two people that know Georgina better than anyone.

"Blair will be a remarkable challenger, don't get me wrong. But you know as well as I do that Georgie doesn't stop. She'll crawl into whatever hole she came out of, build her strength, plot, come back for a rematch and come for all of us."

"I'm going to be optimistic that she won't come back."

"Can't be optimistic playing against the daughter of Satan." I quipped, whenever Georgina comes back I hope I'm far away from her line of fire.