𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻, 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓞𝓯 𝓦𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵

𝓤𝓷𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝔁, 𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓵 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓿𝓪𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷. 𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓭, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓼𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓼. 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷.

As the plane finally lands, I sigh in relief because I'm finally able to get out. I love planes and flying all over the world, but being on one for twenty-two straight hours is fucking exhausting. I packed up my laptop and ipod, I used a lot of the plane ride to finish the last bit of work for the company.

Australia wasn't entirely bad, sure for the first week I cried myself to sleep every night. Everything I saw reminded me of Nate and my life back home, I didn't even leave my room unless it was for work. By the second week Jack was so fed up and took matters into his own hands, he flew my hair dresser out and made me do a huge change. Now three months later I have blonde hair, and a new outlook on life.

The work days weren't so bad, Jack did more work then I ever expected and he showed me a lot of things. Since my social life was completely depleted, I put everything into work and we created new policies that will soon be adopted by a few of the other branches.

Since I didn't have any Gossip Girl, I tried to keep a constant window of communication with everyone but all Blair and Chuck did was complain about the other, and Serena never answered or returned any of my calls. Nate and I did weekly check-ins on Sundays, we would discuss everything that transpired throughout our equally busy weeks. It was very therapeutic for me, but I always had this eerie feeling that he was hiding something.

I stepped off the plane, and took a deep breath of that highly polluted, but oddly comforting New York air. "Miss Bass, the keys for the car." I smiled, taking the hands out of the attendants hands. Since Jack relieved me of my duties a couple days early, I called ahead to get my car brought over so I could drive to the Hamptons and enjoy the final day of summer by going to the white party with everyone.

I placed my purse in the passenger seat and waited for them to load up the other car that would be taking the rest of my bags to the new penthouse. I pulled out my phone to text Jack and tell him I landed, just as I pressed send I received a Gossip Girl notification.

𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓭:

𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓑𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓐𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓪, 𝔀𝓮'𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝔀𝓮'𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻. 𝓐𝓼 𝓪 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓽, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓹 𝓸𝓷 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭.

𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓼𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂, 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝔁-𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻.