𝓢𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴

Spring break, a happy time for all students across the country that also has a hint of sadness. Happy for all the fun trips and parties that are filled with all the alcohol and drugs, a person can indulge in. But sadness looms over this special time because once they head back to school, they'll be hit with standardized testing and final exams.

𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓪'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

Spring break is normally my favorite time out of the entire school year, our little group would be on a yacht somewhere courtesy of Bart. And this year we planned on going to Cancun but given the events that took place after the scandalous revelation, no one wants to be in the same room with each other.

So instead of lounging on a beach in Cancun, here I am packing to move in the penthouse suite in the Palace. Bart and Lily have insisted on blending our families and moving into the penthouse upstairs as a trial run for when the renovations on the new penthouse are finished. And since I don't believe that this marriage is going to last more than a year, I negotiated with Bart to keep my suite downstairs and surprisingly he agreed.

I heard a knock at my door and walked. When I opened the door the front desk concierge was holding a bouquet of flowers and an envelope. "Hello Miss Bass, these were dropped off for you." I took the bouquet out of his hands, and before I could say thank you, the man scurried away. Why do people always do that?

I placed my bouquet on my coffee table and opened the envelope, based on the writing it definitely came from Nate who's supposed to be visiting his grandfather. 'Be ready at eight' it said, okay so no dress code or anything just be ready at eight? He's so romantic but also so stressful now I gotta find an outfit in this chaos.

I groaned, bringing some boxes to the hallway and dropping them on a cart. I might as well bring some stuff upstairs while I dig through some clothes to find an outfit. I hate the fact we're going to be moved upstairs since my room is right in the middle of Serena's and Chuck's. Now I've been living next to Chuck for 17 years of my life and I've heard some of the most revolting sounds, so I've built a tolerance. But I swear on everything, I love if I hear Dan make any type of sexual noise I will kill myself.

"Oh Christina," Lily greets me as I walk in, she and Bart were meeting with the wedding planner and interior decorator in the living room. "How are you and why are you moving those boxes? You know there's people for that." I place the cart by the entrance as the older pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm okay and it's really okay, I prefer to do this on my own." I said as we pulled away, I kinda want to get in and get out.

"Christina." My father says curtly, and surprisingly he gives me a hug which is so weird. This is so awkward. "So Chris, I was discussing with the decorator about the penthouse and some of the pictures and we wanted to put one of you and your mom, what do you think?" Lily asked

"Uh, Lily, I'm not too sure about that." Bart said, Of course he's not sure about that. If he was then that would mean he'd actually have to talk about her and acknowledge her "Well Bart, since Chuck wants his picture with his mom I just figured Christina would want hers."

"Were supposed to have a fresh start"

"No Lily it's fine, I wouldn't want the acknowledgement of my dead mother to ruin you guy's fresh start." I said, as I grabbed the cart and started pushing it down the hallway, Lily called after me but I got other things better to do.

My room is very spacious, about the same as my suite but just with less furniture and sadly a smaller tv, but the closet is so gorgeous and has built-in organizers in some of the drawers. I pulled my phone out to dial Nate's number, he answered on the first ring.