Uber Eats?

-Monica

I really just left like that. I sat there and watched her take her punishment and dipped. I couldn't stay too ashamed to face my best friend knowing I was the one that got her in trouble. Going to work tomorrow to face Dylan was going to be enough to stress that I wasn't ready to face my friend's concerned stares or her questioning of why I had a complete mental breakdown. 

That was one of the things I appreciated about Trinity though she always went along with m bullshit. Do something dumb first and ask questions later. She always heard me out when I was ready to talk and was the shoulder I needed to cry on. 

Like the summer when my grandmother passed. I was having a hard time coping. I went over to her folk's house and woke her up in the middle of the night and told her to pack her bags and we took the greyhound to the first place it was going. We traveled for 2 weeks on a dollar and a dream before we ran out of money. Then when we were completely broke aside from the bus ride home I broke down and told her why I was so upset. She hugged me and let me cry it out. She's a great friend I really don't know what I did to deserve her.

I needed to figure out my life before I ruined hers. But first I need a shower and some food. I ordered something to eat off of Uber Eats from my over-drafted credit card and took a quick shower while they made my order. I had just wrapped the towel around myself when I heard a knock on the door.

 I was completely naked hair still dripping wet with a small blue towel wrapped around my thick frame. The towel was barely covering my ass and hugged tightly around my breast.

I took my time heading to the door waiting for the delivery person to drop off my food and keep it moving so I could sneakily grab my food without anybody seeing me and then air dry while I ate my food. Another knock came to my door. I stalled out still waiting for them to go away. A few more minutes passed and I figured they were gone but then another knock came ugh this was one of them that insisted on doing a handoff. I went to the door annoyed I swung it open ready to tell them that they could have just left it when I saw Dylan.

"Your food Mrs. Wallace, she said stepping In my doorway.

I stumbled back and out of her way confused as she let herself in. What the hell is she doing here? I thought she went back to work. Wait is Dylan moonlighting as an Uber Eats driver? Omg is the company going bankrupt?

"I walked upright as soon as the delivery driver left. I do not deliver your food, Mrs. Wallace, she says answering my thoughts.

"Oh I knew that, I reply sounding very unconvincing.

"So is that how you answer the door? Were you planning on giving them some type fo tip?" she asks me pointing out my appearance.

I looked down at myself and suddenly remembered I was wet and naked aside from a towel.

"I planned on waiting until the delivery driver left, then I would stick my hand out the cracked door and grab the food," I replied embarrassed. 

"Interesting," she replied.

She held my food out to me again and this time I quickly took it and sat it down on the table then put my hand back on my towel quickly making sure it was tight and wouldn't fall. 

"What, what are you doing here," I asked confused. 

I know I didn't show up to work today but it was after work hours I didn't plan on seeing her until tomorrow when I had an excuse lined up. Plus Dylan never came to my house. Trinity has been here several times but Dylan has never been here.

"I feel like we need to talk before I decide if you're allowed back into my office," she said.

"I uh oh," was all I could manage to say.