Emergency Call

-Trinity

It was Saturday night and Dylan and I were working together. My aunt's company Hopes Hospitalities was contracted to work the catering even Dylan was hosting. Every now and then we worked together it was how the two of us met and I loved it when our two worlds aligned. We were working on a charity event for a bunch of rich people. This was a really high-end event and I was so proud of Dylan for getting this contract.

The event was going great we had just finished clearing tables of their food. It was now time for them to start taking donations. My job was to keep their glasses full of alcohol so that we could make sure they were drunk enough to donate so that they reached their goal. I had just gone back for another bottle of wine when my phone started ringing. I was at work and Dylan was here so I ignored it. She's the only person that I answer my phone for while I'm working so whatever it is could be taken care of later.

I went on to fill the glasses of people whose Credit Scores would call me a peasant. I smiled politely and moved through the crown when my phone started ringing again. I wondered who it could be but knew better than to check if Dylan or my aunt saw me I'd hear an earful. But as I worked the crowds my phone continued to go off over and over. I started to worry. What if it was Monica she wasn't working the vent tonight because Dylan decided to give her the weekend off. She told Monica it was because the event didn't need them both but it was really because she was respecting her decision to meet up with her new Dom. She was giving her free time to see him even though it broke her heart to do so. Especially since Dylan really didn't like him.

I walked off of the floor and looked around for Dylan or my aunt. I didn't see either one of them so I slipped out of the Hall to quickly check my phone. It was from an unknown number but they called me 10 times already. I had a text message from the number too.

-Hey, it's Kaylan from the other day. Call me ASAP it's about Monica. 911

My heart dropped shit I hope she's ok. Wait how did he get my number? No, let me check to make sure she's ok first then I'll find out how he got my number.

I walked further away from the catering hall so I could call Kaylan but he called me before I could even push the button.

"Hey I'm at work I can't talk what's going on? Is Monica okay?" I asked worried.

"Why do you ask that? I replied.

"Honestly Yes we do, I said.

"Wait are you serious? I asked.

"What time?" I said checking my watch.

"Shit I gotta go, Okay I gotta go, Thank you for calling me," I said hanging up and turning to go back to the party.

"Trinity James I know your ass is not out here playing on that damn phone. Didn't I tell you how important this even was for us? If you mess up this contract for us girl so help me God I will fire you niece or not," My aunt said angrily.

"Aunt Hope it's not what you think. It's an emergency. Monica," I started to explain.

"Monica. Oh no not you and this girl again. Every time that girl's name comes out you're mouth there's some type of trouble. No, take your ass back to work now and give me your phone, she said holding her hand out.

I sighed and handed her my phone. Like Dylan, my aunt had saved me from an abnormal amount of trouble Monica and I had gotten into. I was a wild kid and was always in some sort of trouble and it only got worse when Monica was involved. My parents didn't know what to do with me so they just didn't deal and then one day they got so fed up that they kicked me out. If it wasn't for my aunt I'd been out on the streets. But Aunt Hope was a lot stricter than my parents were. I knew better than to disobey her.