Chapter 24 : His Wicked Desires

Ahma wakes up in sound of her phone. It's Kaname.

"Kaname? What happened? It's so late at night!" Ahma sits up.

"Were you sleeping?" Kaname's voice was calm and relaxed as always.

"Of course I was. It's 2 am for God's sake!"

"I am sorry. I was just...I....." Kaname stutters.

"You are scaring me. What happened?" Ahma gets out of her bed and goes to the balcony.

"Elders hold a meeting a few days ago...I was informed that we will be officially engaged in this winter solstice..." he says in one breath.

Ahma herself was shocked. She was also informed about it...that day. But it would be so soon, she didn't realize. They aren't even waiting her to be legally turn 18. She knows as the only living heir who has inherited Ryujin Clan's until she is married and have the next heir, they won't let her inherit the title. Being the only heir comes with it's problems.

"Are you listening?" Kaname asks.

"Yeah...sorry I just...yeah, I know. But didn't expect this to be so soon," Ahma says.

"Ai... This is so sudden. I know you want to ensure higher education and Brother Hakson and Soo-Won's murder...."

"You know Kaname for that I need to inherit the title. I can't speak to elders eye to eye if I don't become the heiress. I need the power and authority Kaname," Ahma's voice was filled with determination.

"How far are you willing to go for the title?" Kaname asks.

"At the bottom of the sea and the highest of the sky. I will avenge my brothers Kaname. I owe them this much," Ahma says her eyes burning with fire within.

Kaname sighs, "And our marriage? We are supposed to give them a heir as soon as we can. They would probably give us a year time for you to conceive."

"We were supposed to get married in the future anyway. Just a few years earlier doesn't make a huge difference to me," Ahma shrugs her shoulders.

Kaname was silent. He really wants to ask if that little their marriage means to her. He has been awake since he heard about their engagement being finalized. He can't sit still in excitement. And she is so casual. She knew about it months before but she is so calm and relaxed about it. As if this is her morning tea. And what about her relationship with that white haired sorcerer? He got information they go out often and are very affectionate with each other.

A few years ago Kaname could have asked her about these so easily. But after everything that she have been through for the past years has changed her immensely. That innocent girl is no more. Now she is the heir and head of Ryujin clan.

"Kaname, are you there?" Ahma asks.

"Yeah...yeah... I was thinking..." Kaname breaks out of his thoughts.

"About what?"

"I... disturbed your sleep, didn't I?"

Ahma scoffs, "Won't lie. You did. I thought it was something important."

Kaname was tongue tied. So, their engagement isn't an important matter to her?

"I will get you another time. I shouldn't waste anymore of your sleeping time," Kaname sighs.

"Good Night, Kaname,"

"You are yawning so early in the morning," Gojo comments.

Gojo had something to discuss with her so he brought her out for breakfast today. Ahma sips in her turmeric ginger lemon tea. Gojo almost puked at the strong aroma of this tea. Though the tea is helping her headache Gojo can tell and she seems to be enjoying different sort of teas. He doesn't like tea much.

He looks at her his eyes softening. She still has her morning hair loosely braided on one side. A few stands keep brushing on her face. She sits there her back straight and with a calm expression. Gojo keeps looking at her unblinking. He surely would like to get used to seeing this everyday.

"I had someone call me at 3 am

"I had someone call me at 3 am. I am sleepy," Ahma complains.

"From your clan?" Gojo asks.

"Yep. Satoru, will you come to the winter solstice this year?" Ahma asks.

Each year Ryujin clan holds a major party and all important clans from around the world attends it. It's been going on for years and it has great importance to every clan.

"I guess I will considering if will you go with me," Gojo winks.

"I can't. I will be taking care of this year's preparation anyway. Before my engagement finalizes, I must hold one banquet," Ahma says taking her last sip.

Gojo spits out his drink, "What? What engagement?"

"Why are you surprised? I told you I am engaged to Kaname. I was told in this banquet they will finalize our engagement," Ahma stands up and goes to pay.

Gojo was quick and paid before her then drags her outside.

"Gojo San! What's wrong?" Ahma asks.

Gojo slams her on the wall in a empty street.

"Gojo San, what's wrong?" Ahma looks at him with strained eyes.

"Ahma, what's with this engagement bullshit? Why are you still going with it? Call it off, now,"

All humors disappeared from his face. He looked serious than ever.

"What are you calling bullshit? My engagement with Kaname was fixed a long time ago. Why are you acting like I have told you this only today?" Ahma argues back.

Gojo takes a deep breath, "Ahma, we have been dating for months. Why are you bringing this engagement now?"

Ahma frowns, "Dating? Gojo San did you forget? We are acting so that I can accompany and interfere in Yuji's life. So that he won't be harmed. What's gotten into your head?"

Gojo punches the wall beside her head. A huge crack was made. Ahma keeps looking at him in confusion while Satoru counts and restrains himself.

"When?" he growls.

"In this winter solstice," Ahma says.