Chapter 06 : A Must Pretence

Ahma can tell there's something going on in the school ground. As much as the other sorcerers and the higher ups fear Gojo Satoru, they despise him even more. Ahma could tell if another child with his abilities is born, Gojo Satoru will immediately have a bounty about his head no doubt. Ahma sighs. This man likes to piss people off for no reason.

She knocks his office.

"Come in," Gojo says from inside.

Ahma goes inside. He is simply lazing around watching some movies.

"Gojo san, there's something I wished to discuss," Ahma says.

"Sit down," Gojo says.

Ahma looks around. It's clear he doesn't stay here for a long time. It's understandable. He is always out with missions.

Ahma sits on the sofa beside him. Gojo focuses his whole attention on her.

"Gojo san, as you know I am the next head of our clan. In our clans, before the next heir takes the position, they are given a certain task like an exam. And my parents have given me the task to save Itadori Yuji," Ahma starts.

Gojo raises his brows, "You want to exorcise Sukuna? You know no sorcerer ever succeed to do that."

"I am not a sorcerer. Besides he was sealed before. Nothing is impossible," Ahma says.

"Go on," Gojo looks at her amused. So much confidence. Even Sukuna would find it amusing.

"My parents have said they won't interfere in this because it's my test. So the higher ups of Jujutsu Kaisen still has an amount of authority over me,"

"How so?" Gojo asks leaning back.

"You know sorcerers and divine power holders are enemies from as long as history remembers. I have information that the higher ups of Jujutsu world aren't quite happy about me staying here. They are planning a meeting with me soon enough. I, of course have no cursed energy to prove that I am studying sorcery nor that I want to learn anyway. What will I tell them then? They can easily remove me from the school ground," Ahma looks at him.

Gojo frowns. He, of course as the head of Gojo clan holds power the most in Jujutsu world. But there's a reason he can't do everything in a flash. All the other clans won't side with him alone. He will be called a murderer, a monster. Besides They will easily hurt his students to hurt him.

"What do you plan to do?" Gojo asks.

"I don't know. That's why I want to ask you. What do I tell them? We can't tell them that you have asked me to be here," there's a certain desperation in Ahma's voice.

"I... haven't thought...that far..." Gojo whispers.

Ahma sits frowning. She won't leave Megumi, her precious little brother under Sukuna's nose.

"I do not want to leave Megumi here. Sukuna is a ticking time bomb. I must stay," Ahma says.

"Sukuna won't do anything," Gojo assures.

"You know his history. It's a miracle he isn't doing anything. I also don't believe that he can't switch back to his body. What if it's a trap for us to bring out all his fingers?" Ahma asks worriedly.

Gojo looks at her stunned. How the hell she came up with that idea?

"Why are you assuming that?" he asks.

"Because we don't know about him. I don't acknowledge the idea that we must destroy things that we don't understand but I also don't support the idea of letting Sukuna stay free. All the lives we are endangering are too much,"

"You don't need to worry. I will put my life in line to stop him if it comes to that. I am the strongest," Gojo says confident and arrogance clear in his voice.

Ahma looks at him and there wasn't any assurance there. Gojo became uncomfortable. First time in his life he is desperate for making someone believe that he is strong indeed.

"You... don't believe me...?" he asks.

Ahma doesn't answer that. She looks at the screen again.

"I wish I could see Sukuna's curse energy or power with my own eyes," Ahma says.

"Too bad. I faught with him for ten seconds and even Yuji swallowed another finger Infront of me. You weren't there," Gojo sighs.

"You saw it?" Ahma's eyes sparkles.

"Yeah," Gojo looks at her confused.

"Great," Ahma says smiling enthusiastically she scoots beside him.

Gojo gulps in surprise. What is happening? Why is she coming so close all in a sudden? His neck and ears turned red.

"Would you mind showing me?" Ahma asks.

"Showing... you what?..." Gojo became nervous all in a sudden.

His heart thumped loudly when she gently grabs the back of his head. She pulls him closer to her face. Gojo's eyes were as big as a football.

"Think of that day," Ahma whispers before joining their foreheads.

Gojo felt the sudden peace and Ahma's lotus fragnance hitting his nostrils. His eyes were closed automatically. He leaned in to her touch as her one hand cups the back of his head.

Gojo's mind was blank for sometime as the memories of Sukuna taking over Yuji's body and Yuji eating the finger resurfaces in his mind like a movie.

After good 30 minutes, Ahma leaves his head.

"I see now," Ahma whispers.

Gojo opens his eyes and her face was so close. He was stunned as well as embarrassed.

"What just happened?" he asks.

"Oh! I dived into your memories of those days," Ahma answers casually.

"One of your powers I assume?" Gojo leans back on the sofa. He can't let her hear his abnormal heart rate.

"Yeah," Ahma answers.

"Did you see something out of ordinary?" Gojo asks.

"Yuji, is indeed a unique person. An unusual body he has. He truly suppressed Sukuna. But how is he able to do that?" Ahma asks confused.

"Even I am trying to find that answer," Gojo says.

"May I look into the Library of Jujutsu world?" Ahma asks.

"You know it's a good idea. But you can't. The higher ups won't ever allow that," Gojo scratches the back of his head trying to forget the touch of her gentle palms.

Ahma looks straight again. What can she do then, "We still don't know what to say to them. Why am I here?"

"Well, I have an idea. Though it's extreme," Gojo says.

"Better than nothing. Tell me," Ahma looks at him expecting.

"Tell them that you are my fiance,"

Ahma's eyes widens as her mouth fall open, "It's not possible. My clan would never allow me to marry a sorcerer. Besides are you mad? Your clan will be after your head if you announce that. They will also want a woman from Jujutsu world to be your partner."

"I am aware. But think of it. My clan won't even put a toe out of line without my permission. Noone in this Jujutsu world can touch you if you use my power. And your clan...well...they gave you a task didn't they? And you said they won't interfere," Gojo says.

Ahma looks down, "This isn't a joke, Gojo San. Besides they won't even believe it. They aren't fool, trust me."

Gojo and Ahma both sits in silence. Both knows that's the only way but it's way too risky. Both of them will walk on thin line and they don't know for how long.