Chapter 17 : Closer

The meeting ended after 4 hours. The elders tried to persuade the two of them to break up. But one glare from Gojo shut them up.Then they advised them to enjoy their time together and live a long life. Ahma was reminded again again that their child will inherit Gojo surname. Ahma only rolled her eyes in response.

"Satoru, you parents...they weren't there..." Ahma point after getting outside. 

"They died. Three years ago," Gojo answers.

"I am sorry," Ahma says.

They walked in silence again. But Ahma was deep in thought.

"Are you alright?" Gojo asks.

"I am confused," Ahma says.

"About?"

"My clan...more specifically my parents haven't contacted me even a little bit to ask for an explanation," Ahma frowns.

"Maybe they have realized I am the best option for you," Gojo grins.

Ahma rolls her eyes, "Even Kaname's parents contacted me...but not my own.."

"And he is?"

"Well, I am promised to him," Ahma answers.

They were walking side by side. Gojo stops listening to her.

"You are what?" he yells.

"Every single person has...."

"No hold on a second!" Gojo holds her by her shoulder his grip tightening unknowingly.

"What's wrong?" Ahma asks confused.

"You have a fiance?" Gojo asks.

"The engagement isn't official but yeah everyone knows," Ahma shrugs her shoulders.

Gojo's grip loosens but his expression remains half tensed. Before he could inquire more, Ahma gets a phone call and she excuses herself.

After talking over the phone for quiet some time and having a very defeated expression she comes back.

"Is everything alright?" Gojo asks immediately.

"I just informed my clan that I can't go out of the country for some time to achieve my higher education," Ahma sighs.

"Why are so sad about it?" Gojo asks.

As the heir, even if they don't attend schools they all are home schooled at some point of life. Ahma didn't even attend any school before Tokyo Jujutsu High.

"Well, everyone has a dream. Don't they?" Ahma just avoids the topic.

Gojo clicks his tongue. Her going away out of the country suddenly left a sour taste in his mouth. And who's this Kaname? Are they in love? Do they talk a lot? Have they kissed? He almost pulled out his hair in front of her. It doesn't suit him well.

Ahma is prepared to go to bed. Wearing her nightgown, she stays seated in the middle of her bed. Something isn't right. She has been getting a consistent dream for the last couple of days. Not sure if it's a nightmare because it doesn't feel like one. But for some reason that dream pains her.

"I am just too busy and concerned with the recent issues nothing more," Ahma says to herself.

Those red eyes are so familiar. They stir up such emotions she doesn't even understand and heavies her heart so much. Ahma has been tossing and turning in her bed. Unless she consumes high dose of sleeping pills, she can't sleep.