Chapter 16 : Her Past

After arriving at her dorm, Ahma takes a long shower first. Bringing out her packet of cigarettes, she lit her first one. Maybe she will finish two packets today.

"I will solve everything, brother. I promise," Ahma whispers.

Ahma closes her eyes leaning on the wall of her balcony with her cigarette in hand. A lot of memories came rushing to her mind.

Ahma is the youngest child of Ryujin clan. Midori and Kiyoshi had three children. Hakson Ryujin, Soo-Won Ryujin, Ahma Ryujin. All three of them are born in China, their ancestors place and the main base of Ryujin clan.

It's a rules in her clan that the women gets married early. Ahma had a huge age gap with her elder brothers. She was 10 years younger than Hakson and 7 years younger than Soo-Won. After almost 600 years, a female was born in their clan who had all the power that their great ancestor hold.

Ahma became the apple of everyone's eyes. She was pampered, spoiled, loved beyond measurements. As per the rules Hakson was supposed to succeed as the heir. Hakson was a very capable child. He had everything that was needed to be a leader from a very young age. He was excellent with his words as well. But one single accusation made everything crumble.

Ahma was dearly loved by her elder brothers. To them, she was the princess. And from them, everyone began to address her hime-sama. She was never apart from her brothers. And being so much younger than them, they loved her very much.

Ahma was the happiest with them but one day everything changed. Hakson was accused of breaking the vows that their ancestors made with the sorcerers years ago. He was accused of attacking a sorcerer and killing him. That man was from Kamo family. There wasn't any proof about Hakson killing him. So they couldn't do anything but accuse him falsely. But things took a turn for worse.

The greedy elders of Jujutsu world didn't lose their hope trying to frame him. From nowhere they convinced some people to speak against Hakson. Of course verbal proof wasn't enough. Ryujin clan was head on fighting with them. So finally they proposed peace saying it was all an misunderstanding.

Later it was rumored that Gojo clan got involved in this as well. Together they planned to kill Hakson. The truce that was made years ago, doesn't allow a divine power holder to use their powers against a sorcerer under any circumstances. So, one evening when Hakson was returning home from college, he was cornered. Before he could pinpoint anything, he was brutally murdered and his head was send to Ryujin head quarters.

Ahma clearly remembers the day when her elder brother's head came in a pot filled with honey. She was so stunned to say anything and fainted.

Unfortunately no Jujutsu clan agreed to do the task. And they were so careful about the crime, they didn't left a single clue who did that. As if Hakson was murdered by an unknown force.

After a year, Soo-Won was declared to be the heir. Soo-Won fall into severe depression after this eldest brother was killed. He didn't speak until extremely necessary. Days passed and his conditions worsen. Ahma was 15 when one morning she found her eldest brother hanging himself from his ceiling.

Ahma is only 17 but she feels she is over 60. In such sort time, she lost her both brothers. Her world collapsed. Even between all of that, she knows she is the only heir. But her parents were reluctant this time. They decided until she is married, she won't be declared the heir.

"I will avenge you two I promise," Ahma whispers as she finishes her first packet of cigarettes.

She has taken the habit of smoking after her brothers died. It's a miracle she is still alive despite all the harmful smoke she inhales.