Chapter 21 : Yoshi in Rescue

"Why don't you rest? I am here," Kaname says for the hundredth time. 

"Didn't I say Ahma is my responsibility while being here? I am just fulfilling my responsibility," Gojo snaps.  

Kaname sighs frustrated. He is sitting with his back on Ahma's closed door. Satoru is sitting opposite to him.

"Ai, please open the door," Kaname knocks softly again.

No sound again. Kaname thinks for sometime, "She is praying."

Gojo sighs, "In this era and time, it's hard to believe someone to be this pious and devoted to God. We sorcerers lost our faith long ago." 

"Someone with little knowledge will not believe in God, someone who has deep knowledge is devoted to the Lord," Kaname states. 

Gojo glares at him but doesn't retaliate back, "What can we do besides waiting..." 

He stands up suddenly. He has got an idea. He transports to his villa. 

"Suguru, wake up," 

Suguru was asleep peacefully when Gojo pokes him to wake up. 

"For God's sake, what has happened?" Geto asks angrily. 

"Come with me," Gojo picks him up and transports back in the villa. 

"Where did you get a cat so late at night?" Kaname raises his eyebrows. 

"He is the beloved cat Ahma loves," Gojo grins.

"Yeah...yeah.." Geto rolls his eyes.

Kaname's eyes widen as he witnesses a talking cat, "She got a talking cat? What's you name?"

"I am not a cat. I am Geto Suguru....She named me Yoshi," Geto answers glaring at him. 

Kaname was taken aback at first then sighs, "She got here only months ago and already has an ex-criminal as a cat."

Gojo places Geto on the floor, "Go to her. I will transport you. She isn't talking with anyone."

It took Geto a few seconds to adjust to the darkness in her room. This room has faint scent of lilies. So calming and refreshing. He looks around and finds her sitting in a corner kneeling. Her hands are joined and she is whispering something. Unknowingly Geto blushes a bit. She looks gorgeous in this traditional kimono. Her long waterfall like hair is open as always.

"Ahma," he calls.

Surprised Ahma breaks her prayer and looks at the cat.

"Yoshi..? Sorry Geto San? How did you come in?" Ahma asks surprised.

"Satoru realized if human can't approach you then an animal would," he answers sarcastically.

Ahma looks shocked for a moment before looking at his collar, "He tied a chocolate in you collar?"

"Yeah, for you. Please take this. It's wrapper is scratching me,"

Ahma takes out the chocolate and frowns seeing the collar, "The collar says..I am a cat. I meow all day and Gojo Satoru is the most handsome."

"That bastard," Geto curses.

"He painted you nails pink?"

"...Please stop paying me anymore attention..."

It was silent for a moment then Ahma bursts into laughter.

Outside Gojo and Kaname finally sighs in relief. A small smile playing on both their lips. A few moments later Ahma opens the door. Her face again filled with her usual soft and tender look.