MW2 - Prisoner 627

"The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday"
August 14, 2016
Mission 19 - 05:48:43
Ghost
Task Force 141
Vikhorevka 36 Oil Platform, Russia

The satellite tracks "Ghost" somewhere in the Pacific south of Hawaii, where Task Force 141 is in a sub with General Shepherd.

Ghost :Where the f*ck are we going?

Captain MacTavish :Seems we're headed the wrong direction, Sir. Shouldn't we be coming back to the fight?

General Shepherd :Plenty of fight to go around, MacTavish. Glad you made it outta South America. You're meeting up with the 6th Fleet. Leadin' the counter-strike. And why are you here Ghost?

Ghost :I just wanted to listen that's all. And I don't respect you much.

General Shepherd :... Anyway.

The satellite traces an individual known as Prisoner #627 incarcerated in a Russian Gulag near Petropavlovsk, Russia.

General Shepherd :Prisoner Six-Two-Seven. We believe that's who Makarov's got the mad-on for. But we can't get to him.

The satellite detects four oil rigs off the Russian east coast and locates the eastern most rig, analyzing SAM sites all around the rig and oil workers held hostage by the Russians.

Ghost :Oilrigs?

General Shepherd :Russians are using them as SAM sites. Oil workers are human shields so we can't just blow up the rigs wholesale. And this one is the least defended. Boys, I know I'm sending you into the meat grinder in this one...

Captain MacTavish :They're defending it, so it means we want it. Especially if it gets us to Six-Two-Seven.

Ghost :Dangerous, but f*ck it. Let's do this.

The satellite locates the U.S.S. Chicago submarine below the oil rig. Ghost and a joint task force of Task Force 141 and U.S. Navy Seals are on SDVs inside the U.S.S. Chicago.

U.S.S. Chicago (in radio) :U.S.S. Chicago Actual to dry-dock shelter, we have a go.

Dry-dock Shelter (in radio) :DDS hangar flooded, full pressure.

U.S.S. Chicago (in radio) :Begin deployment.

Team One is launched from the U.S.S. Chicago.

Dry-dock Shelter (in radio) :Team One SDV is away.

U.S.S. Chicago (in radio) :Hotel Six, bearing zero one-niner.

They pass the U.S.S. Dallas.

U.S.S. Dallas (in radio) :U.S.S. Dallas deploying Team Two. RV at the objective.

U.S.S. Dallas launches Team Two.

U.S.S. Dallas (in radio) :Hotel Six, depth 20 meters.

One member from Team Two gives a thumbs up at the guy in front of Roach, who responds. Both SDVs arrive at the oil rig.

U.S.S. Dallas (in radio) :Team Two at the objective.

The guy in front signals Ghost as TF141 members and Navy SEALs begin to surface. Ghost and Captain MacTavish reach the surface. They see two guards on the platform who are talking to each other.

Guard 1 :Хватит курить эту дрянь. Лёгкие посадишь. (You smoke too much. Your lungs are gonna go bad.)

Guard 2 :Отвали. (Fuck off.)