Thirty-Five

"And finally, next month, we'll be voting for our new union rep

"And finally, next month, we'll be voting for our new union rep. Per the MOA, all candidates are given the opportunity to address the troops. So, please help me welcome your first, your last, your only candidate, Smitty."

"Thank you, Sarge. Look, I don't want to bore you with a long speech. I've been union rep since 2006. You know me. You love me. Vote Smitty!"

"I'm not really taking questions." Smitty says as Nolan raises his hand.

"Just a quick one about the next round of union negotiations -- What do you think about pushing for a change to the MOA where county mental health is dispatched alongside us for all calls involving mental illness?" Nolan asks

"Great question. And I assure you that I have your back. Have a button."

"Color me inspired." Kate rolls her eyes.

"Totally." Lucy adds.

"All right, that's it. Let's get to it. Be safe out there."

"You ready to roll, Go-fer?" Tim walks up to Kate.

"Yes, sir. What would you like this "Go-fer" to go for first? A tainted coffee? A moldy donut?" She jokes.

"I'm sensing a lack of fear of my authority."

"You know me so well. In fact, I'd bet you're more scared of me than I am of you."

"You're pregnant. Of course I am."

"So, Bradford. I'm gonna need you to catch any 100 calls that come in for the next hour or so. I'm gonna pay Elijah Stone a visit." Grey walks over to the two.

"You need back-up?"

"No, I can handle delivering a simple message."

"Let me guess -- "Hire another sniper to shoot up our streets, and we'll drop a Bearcat on you"?"

"Well, I was thinking about promising something a little more.."

"Boring?" Kate cuts in.

"Legal."

"You do you - but we'll roll in heavy if you need us." Tim says, giving Kate a look.

"I have no doubt."

"Get our go bags."

Kate walks up with Lucy.

"How'd the date go?"

"It honestly went great."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. He didn't come inside after the date, but he gave me a kiss before he left. It was amazing."

"So a second date is in order?"

"Definitely."

"They are also a mold-fest in waiting. You have no idea how long this is gonna live in your kit before you need it, so pack something with preservatives. If it can be used as compost, it's not a snack. Get your gear squared away and meet me at the shop." Lucy and Kate hear Harper getting onto Thorsen as they walk up and she walks away.