Twenty-Four

"Tonight was great

"Tonight was great." Kate says as Lucas walks her to the door.

"It was. Gonna invite me in?"

"Not tonight, I'm sorry."

"We've been on like three dates already. Not even a nightcap?"

"I'm sorry."

"Alright." He huffs, kissing her cheek before walking out of the apartment building and to his car.

She shrugs and heads inside, locking the door behind her.

"He's clearly not the right guy for you." Tim says from the doorway to her bedroom at the apartment with Lucy and Jackson. The room her and Lucy were using for storage when it was their place to start with, turned into her room. No longer storage.

"What are you doing here, Tim?"

"Making sure he treated you right. And it's been a while since it happened, but I never asked how you were with Rios."

"He was a gentleman. Im fine. Jackson was the closest one to him out of all of us. It's part of the job, right?"

"Yeah. Up until he huffed like a toddler because you wouldn't invite him in." He pauses for a moment. "Part of the job doesn't mean it doesn't suck when it does happen."

"So?"

"So, as I said before. He's clearly not the right guy for you."

"You're with Rachel now. Why does who I am seeing matter?"

"It just does. I'll see you later." He kisses her cheek and leaves.

**

"You think we're crazy." Kate says, looking between Tim and Harper as her and Nolan explain their worries.

"No. It's just been a traumatic 24 hours, and I think you're fried."

"It's clear -- she says "Armstrong" before he steps out. She was trying to tell me something about him."

"Maybe, but it could have been anything. I mean, look, we know that Erin was a dirty cop, but we have seen nothing to suggest that she was working with anyone else on the job." Tim says, his arms crossed.

"How did she get into my shop, then? I locked it. And as a detective, Armstrong would have a very easy time getting his hands on those files without leaving a paper trail." Nolan refers to the gun that was missing from Rios being shot.

"So, what, Armstrong murdered Erin to shut her up? Do you realize what you are accusing him of?" Harper asks

"Yes, we do. He's my friend... and a mentor, and this is killing me. But if I'm right, he's betraying everything we stand for."

"It's not enough." Tim says.

"So we gather more evidence. Armstrong was with me nearly all day yesterday. It was a fast-moving situation, but he had to have contacted both Ruben and Erin, contact that could have been caught on body cam, on shop cam or dash cam."