Twenty-Nine

Nolan, Kate, Lucy and Jackson are surveying the two new rookies who enter the bullpen with their rook books in hand

"There they are." Kate says.

"Ooh. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. They got no idea what's coming for them." Lucy says

"Please tell me we did not look that nervous our first day as rookies. All right. Let's go give them a warm Mid-Wilshire welcome." Nolan says as the four walk up to the new rookies. "Hey. New recruits? Welcome, guys. My name is..."

"John Nolan. Yeah. Hi. Wow. It is such a pleasure to meet you! You were my inspiration for coming into the department. And when I think about six months ago, I-I was data auditing the AP matrix in the IT department." Macer says.

"Well, thank you for saying that. We're very happy to have you."

"I'm Lucy. This is Jackson and Kate."

"Welcome to Mid-Wilshire."

"Are you rookies too?" Barnes asks

"Not anymore. We.." Kate pauses as she indicates to herself, Jackson and Lucy. "Well, we're actually P2's."

"While I selflessly held myself back so that you guys could get your bearings. Come on." Nolan says as they start walking.

"Do you know who your T.O. is yet?" Lucy asks

"I think his name is Bradford."

"Oh, he was my T.O. He's great. You will learn so much." Kate says

"But?"

"He can be intense. But don't worry. If you find yourself in a self-doubt spiral, I'm always around."

"Thank you. Which one is he?"

Kate motions towards him so Barnes can see which one Tim was.

"Oh. He's cute. Is he seeing someone?"

"Um. I think so. Yeah, he is." Kate says, having Lucy eye her.

Tim walks up to them as Barnes walks away with Nolan and Macer.

"Good morning." He smiles

"Good morning. I met your new rookie."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. She asked if you were seeing someone."

"What did you tell her?"

"That you were. Are you?" Lucy asks

"We're taking things slow." Tim looks at Lucy and then back at Kate.

"Uh huh. Do I know her?"

"Maybe. I'll see you later, Kate." His hand ghosts her back before he goes to sit down at the table with Harper and Angela.