Sixteen

'I'm so ready for your bed tonight

'I'm so ready for your bed tonight. I'm exhausted.'

'Not too much longer right?'

'Shouldn't be. Lucy gave me the signal that she was ready to go soon.'

'Alright. I'll see you shortly.'

Kate looks up from her phone to see Lucy and Caleb walking outside. She stands, paying her tab and follows them out just in time to see Caleb carrying a limp Lucy to his car.

"Hey!" Kate says chasing after them.

Caleb gets Lucy in his car just in time to get syringe from his pocket. He turns and injects it into Kate's arm.

"Not again." She says before passing out.

                                                   **

Early the next morning, Tim realizes that Kate never came to his place that night. He rushes to get ready for work, trying to call her phone.

When he gets to the station, he bumps into Nolan on his way to Grey's office.

"Nolan. Have you seen Chen yet today?"

"No. Have you?"

"No. I haven't seen Kate either."

Bradford doesn't give Nolan a chance to respond before he walks into Grey's office and closes the door.

"Something's wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"Kate went with Chen on this date with this Caleb guy. She texted me that she would be leaving soon, I was exhausted and just passed out in bed. She never showed up, sir."

"Never showed up where?"

"My place." He says, knowing exactly what he was admitting. In that moment, their relationship getting out was not as important as finding her. He knew there was no way she wouldn't show up at his place if it wasn't important. Or hell, even pick up her phone that was going straight to voicemail.

"Why would she go to your place?"

"Sir. We both know why at this point. But that's not important right now. What is important? Is finding her."

"We'll discuss this later."

                                                     **

Elsewhere, Kate and Lucy both regain consciousness as they lay, secured to tables, next to each other. A buzzing sound can be heard as Caleb tattoos DOD12919 on Lucy's midsection.

"You girls know what these tattoos mean?"

Kate groans as she looks down at her fresh tattoo.

"Day of Death." Lucy answers for them.