Four

Are you sure you're okay?" Lucy asks, as Kate closes her locker

Are you sure you're okay?" Lucy asks, as Kate closes her locker. "It's been over a week since you guys broke up and you're still eating ice cream every night, binging your favorite tv series."

"Yes. I'm okay. I'm moving on. I'm sure he is too."

"From what I've heard, he's not."

Kate shrugs. It wasn't her responsibility anymore. They are done. They didn't text after work anymore, they hadn't been over at each other's place. Neither got rid of any of the others things or the evidence of their relationship ever existing. They both held onto everything. It clearly wasn't over, but they were too prideful to admit that they both had messed up. Him being overly harsh their first day back and her taking it too personal when she knew he was having a much more rough time than him.

Stepping into the briefing room, her eyes land on Tim for a brief second before her and Lucy sit down at the front table. Maybe she did miss him outside of work, but at the same time, maybe this was for the best. He could train her with relatively low bias. He would be able to treat her like any other rookie. If word had gotten out besides to Lucy, it would've branded her. Maybe when she's no longer a rookie, they'll have a chance.

"Everyone have a seat. Today is a special day for our rookies. 'Cause today we switch things up. That's right. Everybody gets a new training officer. Owens, you'll be riding with Officer Lopez. West, you'll be riding with Officer Bradford. Nolan, you'll be riding with Officer Garcia. And Chen, you'll be with Bishop. But learning how to navigate a new T.O. is not your only challenge. By the end of next shift, I expect every rookie to uncover something personal about their training officer, something they don't want you to know. This will be a test of your investigative instincts and your fortitude. Best insight will win a day off. Worst one handles Saturday night cavity searches. That's it. Good luck."

As they dismiss, all four rookies head to the kit counter to begin getting their kits ready.

"What's Lopez like to ride with?" Kate asks Jackson.

"Yeah, like I'm going to give you a head start. It's not like you would tell me how Tim is."

"What about Garcia? How is he?" Nolan looks at Chen.

"Jackson's right. No head starts." Chen smirks.

Away from them, the T.O's talk about the rookies.

"Is West really a rockstar?" Tim asks Angela.

"Jackson? Yeah. He's better prepared than any other rookie I've had. How about Owens?"

"She's great at the job. She failed day one and day two, she got shot saving me. So she'll definitely have your back." Tim says, his eyes drifting over to her, a look in his eyes that Angela knew all too well.

"What about Nolan?" Garcia cuts in, looking over at Bishop.

"He's a talker. Chen?"

"She sometimes second guesses her choices. We've been working on that. She has to be sure about her choice. There's not many second chances out there."