Twenty

"Bruno! Come on

"Bruno! Come on. Inside." Kate says with a huff. Bruno was six months old now, and acting like he was a human teenager, not willing to listen. At least not to her.

"In, Bruno." Tim steps out and Bruno takes off inside.

"He hates me."

"He doesn't hate you. He's just stubborn. Like you." Tim says with a laugh.

"Like me? You mean like you? Definitely like you."

"What? No way."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"There's a lot that helps me sleep at night and 90% of it comes from you."

"Alright. Down boy." She laughs and heads inside to get ready for shift.

                                                      **

"All right. Let's get started. First things first, let's welcome Detective Armstrong back from vacation, huh?" Grey says, standing up at the podium

"Ah, yeah, thank you. Okay, look." Armstrong clears his throat and puts his hands together for a short moment. "Before I get started with the morning's business, I just want to thank everyone again for all their hard work in the Rosalind Dyer case. That was a... difficult time. Now... you all have printouts of the latest developments from the detective tables. But I want to go over one item. A federal operation is launching in Filipino Town, so until further notice, all marked units are to stay clear of Alvarado, between Montrose and the 101." His eyes glance over at Kate and Lucy who shrink back a little.

"Anything we should be aware of?" Tim speaks up

"Not according to the FBI, but, you know, they ain't big on sharing, so if you need to contact anybody in that area, run them through LA CLEAR and notify your supervisor immediately."

"Officer Nolan. Can you enlighten us on what LA CLEAR is?"

"Yes, sir..." Nolan gets cut off as his wristband beeps at him.

"I'm sorry, you need to get that?" Grey looks at Nolan with an unamused look.

"Uh, it's not my phone, sir. That's just a fitness tracker. I have it set to alert me when my heart rate increases rapidly. I'm tracking my stress. Just learning how to manage it better." The beeping stops.

"Do I stress you out, Officer Nolan?"

"No sir." The beeping begins again, stopping just as fast as it started. "LA CLEAR is the largest deconfliction database for law enforcement in the West."