Chapter 33

Azalea's POV: 

            “Sir, I have one last question for you. Does anyone else know of this letter?"

            “If my memory serves me right, only one other- Lord McAllen from Kerton, but he passed away years ago."

A sudden revelation crossed my mind. I curtsied to the old man.

            “Thank you for the tea and the letter. I bid you farewell."

I ran out of the hermitage and mounted Celera. I rode fast back to the castle and dashed to the person who could answer my question. I was left standing at the hollow wood door. I exhaled and calmed myself down before knocking three times on the entrance.

            “Come in."

I entered and saw Lady Jamille sitting next to the window with a distant gaze in her eyes.

            “What do you want?"

            “Jamille, did you and Sir Garrett happen to know Lord McAllen?"

She looked at me with a mixture of anger and sadness.

            “Lord McAllen was our father."

            “What?"

I only believed that they would be acquainted with Lord McAllen; never did it cross my mind that they would be blood related. 

            “Remember how I told you that we were not children of Cardinia and we were the children of one of the lords in Kerton? Well, Lord McAllen was that lord. My memory of him is as slim as a wilting weed. He passed away when I was five and even when he was alive, he did not pay much attention to me. His attention was for Garrett."

She went back to her original position- staring out the window.

            “I will take my leave now; thank you for sharing this with me."

I gently and quietly closed the door and began my long walk through the hallway.

I headed back to my suite since I had the information I needed. It was in the room where I saw the face of the one I loved.

            “Christopher." I smiled.

Except, Christopher was not smiling back at me, he looked rather livid.

            “What are you fuming about this time?" I sighed.

He marched towards me and pinned me against the wall.

            “What are you doing? Let me go…"

He looked at me with his deep emerald eyes.

            “Where were you?"

That’s when I realized that his eyes weren’t angry, they were worried.

            “Investigating."

            “And…"

            “I have a lot to tell you."

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys! So, as you can tell, this is probably one of the shortest chapters of this book. I'm getting busier because of school, so I might not be able to give you many long chapters.

I realize this might not be the best chapter, but please tell me what you think! Please comment and vote! Thanks for reading guys! ^_^