Chapter 7

Azalea's POV 

          I turned to my right to find a beautiful girl standing next to me.She had long, wavy, strawberry blonde hair, hazel eyes, and I could tell by the way she dressed that she was a Cardinian. She wore a beautiful violet ball gown decorated with stones which sparkled like diamonds on the chest. The dress was simple yet it showed off her perfect curves. Though she also had a dress which showed her bare neck like mine, she did not wear any jewelry- though she did carry a fan, as if she wanted all to see her defined collarbone. I could not be helped but bothered by the fact that her dress showed a bit more of her bosom than I would want to see. You could tell she had the eyes of almost all the young men in the room. She may had been dressed a bit scandalously but her movements, her grace, I could tell she was from a wealthy family.

            “I am Princess Azalea, but may I ask who you are?” I replied.

She opened her fan and I saw a symbol printed on the handle. It was a fox face. She slyly smiled at me and answered my question.

            “I am Lady Jamille from the house of Ruba.”

Suddenly, her smile faded and her eyes turned dark, looking intensely down at me. She closed her fan to her side.

            “How did a small outsider girl like you manage to capture the Prince?”

She took a step closer, shortening the gap between us, but I didn’t back up. I tried not to show any sign of weakness. I didn’t want to be outdone by this girl.

            “Why should you care Lady Jamille?”

            “I don’t care if you are a princess, a servant, or even a peasant. I’ve been pursuing Prince Christopher for years, but out of nowhere, you show up. I don’t know how you did it, since I’m obviously more charming and beautiful than you, but I will have him.”

            “Why do you lust for him so?”

            “He’s the first prince of Cardinia. He’s wealthy, powerful, and handsome; why else would I want him?”

I was shocked that she could speak like that. She didn’t love him at all?

            Her facial expression changed into a bright smile which I could tell was fake. I turned around to see who caused her to change so rapidly. My fiancé was approaching us, no longer with Sir Patrick. Lady Jamille walked over to him excitedly and despite the fact he was engaged to me, she kissed him on the cheek.

            “Christopher, I’ve missed you! You haven’t been to visit me for too long.”

He never took his eyes off me, even as he spoke to her.

            “I apologize Jamille, but I have been busy spending time with my beloved. I’m afraid I cannot see you often as of now.”

She smiled again at him and brushed his shoulder.

            “Perhaps a visit now and then, if not, I would have no choice but to pay you an audience.”

She opened her fan again, hiding the bottom half of her face. As she passed me, I was given one last glare before her departure.

            Christopher walked over to me, took my hand, and led me to the dance floor. We stood in the center as all eyes stared at our every move. The music changed and he bowed as I curtsied. He placed one hand on my waist and fitted the other in mine. I quickly placed my remaining hand on his shoulder and the next second, we’re dancing.

            “What are you doing?” I whispered so only he could hear.

            “I’m saving the last dance for my wife.”

I blushed and though I usually would snap back a reply, I didn’t, surprising Christopher and myself. Instead of the latter, I smiled at him and enjoyed my first dance with my betrothed.

________________________________________________

Watsup guys? What do you think of Lady Jamille? Do you think she will cause a problem in Christopher and Azalea's situation? Please vote, comment, and all that good stuff.  Thanks for reading. ^_^