Chapter 19

Thank you Dawn96 for all the support! It means a lot :)

______________________________________________________

Azalea's POV:

“I’m finished with my lesson, may I be excused now?”

He looked my way with a stern eye and looked at the pile of work that lay on the desk in front of me. He sighed but gave a small smile and a nod, signaling me to go.

“Thank you Sir Hector!”

After hearing the sound of excitement in my voice, I calmed down and gracefully bowed towards him before making my exit. As soon as I took a foot outside the door, I prepared for a sprint, until Sir Hector peeked his head out the door and shouted, “Remember your posture!”

I let out a pout before straightening my back and walking dignified through the hall. I could feel Sir Hector’s smirk on my back.

            It’s been about a week since the coronation and I have been forced to take many lessons on how to rule Cardinia properly. Sir Hector was Christopher’s tutor so he is an excellent instructor, though he was very austere and would rarely allow me a break. He is a good man though and I value our relationship very much. He reminds me of my father in a way sometimes and he quickly became a confidante of mine. Besides, his lessons weren’t too bad since his lessons were interesting and they were a great way to take my mind off of Christopher.

            As I walked through the hall and passed numerous servants, they would all stop, bow and smile at me, their new queen. My reputation in the kingdom has been raised after the coronation and I earned many Cardinians’ respect. I have often heard whispered praises about how I was a knowledgeable, dignified, and astonishing leader since Christopher’s incident. Then again, I’ve heard hateful comments from some Cardinian nationalists who would call me filthy names, but I choose to ignore them.

            I finally entered my bedroom and gently closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath and rested my head against the door, letting the stress all fall.

            “It seems you had another stressful day your majesty.”

I slowly raised my head and looked at the figure who sat against the bed frame. He had his cocky grin on and I couldn’t help but smile at him.

          “Well of course I did, I have to finish all the work you loaded on me while you slept soundly.” I joked.

            “You cannot deny a lad an amazing nap.”

I gaited to the bed where he sat and sat down beside him.

            “How do you feel today?”

            “Just peachy. In fact, I think I can get out of bed now.”

He rustled the sheets, preparing to leave the bed until I motioned for him to stay.

            “Azalea, I want to get out of the bed. I am bored from being bedridden all day.”

            “It has been only a day since you woke up from your slumber and you think I would allow you out? I am serious Christopher, how do you feel?”

I looked at the bandaged area of his left arm which covered where the arrow slit him. He followed my gaze.

            “The arm is feeling better and after eating all the food Beth has stuffed in me, I have more energy now.”