Chapter 28

Watsup guys? So, I realized that it's been a year since I've joined Wattpad so, for my one year membership anniversary, I decided to post an early chapter! YAY FOR EARLY CHAPTERS! I want to thank everyone who's been reading/commenting on/voting for my stories this past year and I can't believe I've gotten such great supporters! I love you all! 

         -xoxo from Obsessiongirl254 ;)

___________________________________________________________

Christopher's POV:

            I watched as Jamille fell to her knees in devastation and let the tears pour out of her eyes. She constantly hit my knees asking how I could let her precious brother die like that. All I could do was stare at her and allow Azalea to bring her to her temporary room. I felt Mitch’s hand on my shoulder.

            “You were not at fault. Sir Garrett made his decision and you chose to honor it. Do not think too badly of yourself my friend.”

All I could muster out was a weak, “Yes.”

            I walked to the knight barracks and practiced on one of the training dummies to clear my head, and then I noticed the blood on my sword which reminded me of what happened only a few hours ago.

“Let’s not waste time, the others are waiting. Kane, you will escort Azalea and Jamille back to the castle. I will join Mitch and meet you all back home when this is all over.”

Jamille quickly grabbed hold of my arm.

            “Save him, my brother, save him please!”

            “What are you saying Jamille?”

            “I overheard the soldiers saying they were off to kill him. I beg you, save him!”

            “I will do what I can, but I cannot promise you anything.”

With those words, Jamille was dragged away by Azalea and Kane. I stared at those eyes which looked at me with so much hope. I ran towards the west wing where Mitch was probably heading at the moment.

            As I ran through the halls, I could not believe what was happening. Only a month or two ago, everything was normal and peaceful. Why, why did it turn out this way?

            Finally I rejoined Mitch and the others. They all updated me on the areas of the castle and how the vacated most of it. In return, I informed them of Jamille’s warning about Sir Garrett. We entered the west wing slowly in a clandestine manner, knowing the enemy probably would be waiting for us there. We searched the corridor but it was bizarrely empty. I realized I spoke too soon when I heard the sound of upcoming footsteps. We all drew our swords only to find Garrett running towards us hauling a little girl behind him. His eyes were panicked with fear as he screamed at us to run.

            That’s when we saw the hoard of soldiers running after them. Considering I only had ten men present with me at the moment, I knew we had no choice but to retreat. We quickly proceeded to flee out of the castle to rejoin the rest of our cavalry, but our plan was impeded when we heard a shriek.

            “Mariana!”

            The small girl who was running with Garrett a few seconds ago was caught by one of the men. The man who held her was very large and rather rugged looking but that made him look all the more intimidating. His beard and clothes were stained with blood and he carried all sorts of torturous weapons at his side. I could tell by his demeanor and stature that he was the leader of this band of adversaries. He commanded the whole troop to halt as he smiled snidely at us as the man held a dagger to the girl’s throat.