Chapter 28 |:| Toshinori! Part 2!

"..."

"......."

My eyes were wide and my usual attitude was nowhere to be found. Here was the number one hero...with the body of a dead man.

"I...didnt want you to find out about this." He admitted. "I am All Might. If thats what youre wondering." He spoke. His voice containing none of All Mights usual heft and instead sounding hollow and broken.

"Are you? Because the All Might i know isnt
a-...an eighty year old man!" I insulted, the shock subsiding and turning to suspicion.

All Might let out a hack at the comment, like i'd gone straight to his fragile ego. "Eighty...? Im still in my fifties" he muttered.

"So then why do you look and sound like...like this!" I gestured to him.

The energy in the room shifted, he folded his hands on the dining table and sighed.

"A long time ago...i got into a fight." He began, clearly simplifying the story. "A bad one and...i got hurt"

He stood up and lifted the edge of his shirt, revealing a twisted, discoloured and misformed hole in his torso. Like a big chunk of flesh had been carved out from him and crudely sewed shut. It was a gnarly wound which hadnt healed well at all, and never would.

"I lost half my stomach" he chuckled, "The doctors barely revived me. Im dying, Madi." He looked up. "With every day, im getting weaker and weaker. Its...its bad."

"Is...that why you transform into...this?" I asked meekly, trying to take all this in.

"You know how men at the beach will suck in their gut so they look like they have abs?"

"Yeah?"

"Every time im in 'All Might' form...thats what im doing. This is how i am. How i will be when my power leaves for good" he looked down sadly.

"Why is your power leaving though? Surely an injury cant also hurt your quirk!"

"I gave it away" he smiled softly.

"You....what?"

I didnt sleep that night.

I didnt text my friend either.

All for one...and One for all. All Mights quirk was...hereditary. Passed down through generation to generation to combat All for One. Whose possibly the most powerful villain in the world.

And the person who now held One for All...is Midoriya.

All Might had sworn me to secrecy, i couldnt tell anyone. Not even Aly. Otherwise i would be endangering him, Midoriya, and myself.

Im already keeping secrets from her and now i have to keep another?!

Then there was another problem.

My job was finished.

I had information that could sink All Might for good. If the public found out he's been hiding this for so long, that he's not actually the unstoppable hero that everyone thinks he is...there would be chaos. That chaos would be an opportunity for my dad to take the number one spot.

My original thought was that getting the information would be the hard part. But how foolish i was. Getting the info was a sinch. But keeping it from my best friend...and sharing it with my father when i knew he was going to use it for the worst....that was hard.

Still, i had a job to do, and now its nearly done.

After all, any trust that had been reforming with All Might these past couple days was once again gone. How could he lie to everybody for so long?! Its not right.