Chapter 22 |:| Early Morning!

Alyce pov

The morning after the party was...rough to say the least. Most of the other students who participated would say the same, they would complain of headaches and nausea from all the things they ate and drank. I would never be so careless, yet what i suffered from was still far worse.

Getting out of bed and slowly walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth, i gasped when i saw the dark circles under my eyes. I didnt get an ounce of sleep last night. With a frustrated groan, i leaned onto the bathroom counter and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Todoroki..." i muttered, "Why Todoroki"

Of all the boys in the entire school that couldve caught my eye, him? The quiet kid with no friends, two toned hair, internalized issues, a handsome face...and a gorgeous smile...UGH!

This was going to throw a wrench in our newly found friendship, i just knew that nothing good would come from it. So i wouldnt let it. No way. Hes only the third proper friend i've made at this school and i wont complicate an already complicated relationship with stupid feelings! So naturally, i went to converse with Madi.

The floorboards creaked as i tiptoed down the corridor, the sky was a deep violet with streaks of  pink as the sun sleepily made its way to bringing us daylight. I was about to knock on her door, but hesitated. The walls down here are particularly thin, would i be waking up the whole floor?

So, tentatively, i lay my fingers on the cold metal handle and slowly pushed. Almost too easily, the heavy door clicked and eased open.

"Of course she didnt lock it..." i sighed, she was always inviting trouble.

Softly, i closed it behind me, blinking to adjust to the pitch black room, illuminated only by the faint warm glow i produced.

By now, i knew the layout of her room well, so it was easy to navigate through and come to sit on the edge of her mattress.

"Hey" i whispered, "Hey, Madi"

No response.

Rolling my eyes, i shook her until she sat up with a jolt.

"AH!! WHAT?! WHO IS IT?!" She shouted, flailing out her hands and nearly swatting my face.

"Madi, its me! Shh!!" I hushed, clasping a hand over her mouth.

"Aly?? Why are you in my room?!" She questioned, voice lowered.

"I need to talk to you!"

"Its like-" she glanced over at her clock, "Its like five in the morning!"

"It's important!"

Her gaze hardened skeptically.

"Okay- maybe not five in the morning important, but its important!!"

With a sigh, she got up and skulked over to the light switch, wincing at the brightness. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, sitting down beside me and giving me her full attention.

"Okay, whats up?"

Taking a deep breath, i realized with a start that i didn't actually have my thoughts organized, what did i even want to ask her? Did i want her advice or do i just need to vent?!

"So...what do you think of Todoroki?" I said slowly, planning to slowly break it to her.

Her face went blank and her eyes widened, "Aly NO!!" She hissed.

I flinched back, "What?!! I didnt even say anything!"

"I know that look! Youre thinking about him in a- in a- IN A WAY THAT YOU SHOULDNT!!" She shook her head violently. "Alyce hes WEIRD!! And hes mean!"